MLB Playoff thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I was paying attention but when the best thing you can say about the teams involved is "I hate that one a bit less" it's tough to get all that worked up!

Fwiw glad it was LA instead of the Yankee's. :D
I'm a long-suffering A's fan, but the Dodgers were the team of my youth. Rumors were that Moneyball Billy Beane is done because he's merging with Fenway Sports Group.

Since this is the only MLB 2020 thread that I'm aware of, Tony La Russa's recent hiring was widely panned as out of touch and now this:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'm a long-suffering A's fan, but the Dodgers were the team of my youth. Rumors were that Moneyball Billy Beane is done because he's merging with Fenway Sports Group.

Since this is the only MLB 2020 thread that I'm aware of, Tony La Russa's recent hiring was widely panned as out of touch and now this:

I JUST sent this to my son at college who is a HUGE Cardinals fan.
La Russa is a prick. Always has been.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
As a long-suffering Mets-fan I have to say one of the few bright spots of 2020 for me is the sale to billionaire and true life-long Mets fan Steve Cohen!

Goodbye Wilponzi's .... don't let the door hit you! :D

“If I don't win the World Series in the next 3-5 years, I’d like to make it sooner, I would consider that slightly disappointing.”

~ Steve Cohen earlier today ... encouraging but we'll see!

I JUST sent this to my son at college who is a HUGE Cardinals fan.
La Russa is a prick. Always has been.

The Cardinals are among my least favorite MLB teams and La Russa is one of of the reasons. As for the A's I used to seriously dislike the "Bash-Brothers" etc but in recent years they've made a convincing play at "scrappy-underdog" lol.

Only a smallish one though ... bad-blood goes WAY back to the old NL East !!!

;)

*(both my daughters can never seem to understand why I hate the Pirates too)

Last edited: