Mixed blessing in the non-BOINC CPDN project

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Mixed blessing is that while I'm not a member of Team Anandtech's CPDN team, I am partly responsible for helping to push a rival team further back in the stats. :D

Rank Name Members Years Completed
68 Team ACG 2 2432.453
69 BBReports.com Team Ecology 14 2428.486

Yep, I'm a member of Team ACG, with my boss at work. We've a long way to go to ever hope of catching TA(in 28th place), but at least we can kick up more dust in the faces of TA's rivals. ;)

Oh, and if members of BBR would like to re-engage the competition - by all means please do - we could use some competition to keep thinks interesting. :)

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Good job man!

CPDN is one of those projects that doesn't really get the attention it deserves, but then you have these very long WUs and no HT support. I ran CPDN for a while and I was sad after a while to quit it but if you don't have a good machine, it's not worth running it. It took my PIII 600 about one and a half months to complete one model.

Nevertheless, thx for kicking BBR!!!!

:beer::D:beer:

Maybe one day TAS will jump on CPDN and really stir things up! ;)

Rattledagger

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
Congrats on passing BBR. :cool:

BlackMountainCow, CPDN have now HT-support under BOINC, and actually the top computer by RAC is a 3GHz-Xeon running 8 CPDN-models at the same time.

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Rattledagger
Congrats on passing BBR. :cool:

BlackMountainCow, CPDN have now HT-support under BOINC, and actually the top computer by RAC is a 3GHz-Xeon running 8 CPDN-models at the same time.

Now that's some good news!! :thumbsup:

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
We're currently at 17 machines. My boss and I each have one at work(our own workstations), with the boss having 4 rigs at his house and the remaining 11 at mine. ;)

BlackMountainCow wasn't kidding either.. you really do need a decent rig to complete units in a reasonable amount of time -- my slowest rig is a 1 GHz P3, next slowest are XP2000+'s.. P4 2.5 rigs seem to the best price/performance wise.