Missouri Man Fatally Shoots Wife while Installing Satellite TV System

cherrytwist

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2000
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_...le.aspx?storyid=142900

Missouri Man Fatally Shoots Wife while Installing Satellite TV System
Created: 3/25/2008 12:56:11 PM
Last updated: 3/25/2008 12:56:45 PM

SEDALIA, Mo. (AP) -- Officials are trying to decide whether to file charges against a Missouri man who fatally shot his wife while trying to install a satellite TV system in their home.

Thirty-four-year-old Patsy Long of Deep Water was pronounced dead Saturday evening after being shot in the chest with a .22-caliber handgun. Her husband -- Ronald Long -- fired the shot from the inside of their home after several unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall using other means.

Henry County Sheriff's Deputies say the woman was hit by the second of two shots fired by her husband.

Investigators say a person involved in such a case normally would be charged with manslaughter, but that was up to the prosecutor.

Associated Press

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
wow, wtf.

Then again, I don't see what a manslaughter charge would accomplish.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Saint Michael
Originally posted by: Ns1
wow, wtf.

Then again, I don't see what a manslaughter charge would accomplish.

Get him the hell away from civilization.

fair enough lol

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
"Hey honey, stand on the other side of the wall and let me know if the bullet makes it through."

:confused:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
possible scenario is the wife was sent out to see if he managed to punch through.

theoretical re-enactment

boom.

M:Honey, did that make it through?
W:No, try again
M fires gun
W:You shot me!

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
If charges against him will permanently take away all his guns, I'm all for that!

And what was the wife thinking when he did this or did she even know what was going on? If she knew, wouldn't she get the hell out of the way ??

Or did he just go outside and start shooting? If that was the case, throw this redneck in JAIL. That was then reckless AND stupid. And he should be fully prosecuted for it.

FDF12389

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2005
Originally posted by: SlickSnake
Or did he just go outside and start shooting? If that was the case, throw this redneck in JAIL. That was then reckless AND stupid. And he should be fully prosecuted for it.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Best investigate if she was banging the Cable guy and this was his 'accidental' revenge. "Sorry officer, i wuz jus tryin to install mah tv! gahuh gahuh!"

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
If charges against him will permanently take away all his guns, I'm all for that!

And what was the wife thinking when he did this or did she even know what was going on? If she knew, wouldn't she get the hell out of the way ??

He fired the shots from inside the home... Firing into the house would just be crazy : )

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
"honey! im installing a satellite tv system in the house!"
"yeah over my dead body!"

:eek:

kalrith

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2005
He probably was so ticked off that he wasn't thinking. He grabbed his gun and thought to himself, "I'll show this f@&%ing wall who's boss!" When he heard the loud thud on the other side of the wall, he realized he got more than he bargained for.

People like that shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: kalrith
He probably was so ticked off that he wasn't thinking. He grabbed his gun and thought to himself, "I'll show this f@&%ing wall who's boss!" When he heard the loud thud on the other side of the wall, he realized he got more than he bargained for.

And that's why he will pay the consequences. However, trying to pre-filter people for gun ownership would be absurd.

kalrith

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2005
Originally posted by: daniel1113
Originally posted by: kalrith

And that's why he will pay the consequences. However, trying to pre-filter people for gun ownership would be absurd.

Just to clarify I wasn't saying that we should pre-filter people for gun ownership (other than for felonies and what not). It's just unfortunate that people will take lightly and misuse a deadly weapon. However, I feel the exact same way about automobiles when I see people driving with a cell-phone in one hand and a cigarette/burger in the other and not at all paying attention to all the people they could kill with the deadly force they are (or should be) in control of.

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006

whats the point? its just a legal stand point. if he really wants a firearm, he will have one whether the law says he can or not. thats the fallacy of gun control laws, it only affects the law abiding citizens. criminals feel themselves above those laws and do what they want regardless.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
What a dumbass.

Everyone knows you use a .38 for cable installation!

If you really want wall penetration, you go with 30-06.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
For some reason this reminds me of when a bucket of glue fell on Homer's head and he asked Bart to drill him eye holes.

Mr Pickles

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Dude I read this as "Missouri Man Finally Shoots Wife" and i'm like hell yeah way to man up.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
sounds like something Clarkson would do. weeds? shotgun, branches? shotgun, drillholes? rifle.