Question Missing team on GoofyxGrid NCI project

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I may be remembering wrong, but I really thought we had a team on this project already. However, there was a recent outage on the project servers and now I'm not a member of a team and can't find Team AnandTech listed there..

http://nci.goofyxgridathome.net/

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
I searched on the project page and Team Anandtech did not come up. I tried to set up an account and received an error along the lines of "no new accounts".

Free-DC shows we have an account as a team and 4 members have produced points

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
The GoofyxGrid@Home CPU project does have a team. It's the GoofyxGrid@Home NCI "sister" project I linked to that does not have one, at least not that I can find.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Goofyxgrid problems part deux, from PrimeGrid:

Michael Goetz said:
Speaking of "server problems", I got bit by a server problem that stopped my computer from downloading PPSE tasks.

But the server with the problem was NOT the PrimeGrid server. It was the "Monkeys" server, aka goofyxgrid.

It's supposed to be serving up NCI (non-compute-intensive) tasks, but it sent my main computer four tasks that were incorrectly lacking the NCI designation. As a result, BOINC allocated all four cores to these Monkey tasks. Normally they don't use any cores at all.

Since the Monkey tasks were occupying all the cores, BOINC wouldn't run any PPSE tasks.

Goofyxgrid just recovered from a major outage, and there's been some configuration issues as he gets everything back up to speed.

So if you're also running "Monkeys", be warned: a configuration issue on his server may prevent you from running normal tasks from other servers, including PrimeGrid.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Yep, that was a problem for a while after the crash, but it has been fixed as well. It was actually fixed the same day that the teams were fixed.