Misfortunate Situation (Help me out with a ticket)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

davepbrooks

Banned
Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: pyonir
Originally posted by: davepbrooks
god i fvcking hate cops

You never should ask for one to do ANYTHING for you ever in your life then. If you get ripped off, can't call the cops. Get in a car accident. Can't call the cops.

You're an idiot.

No your an idiot, I would be perfectly happy to exchange my "protection" for total immunity from cops, cops have never done anything to help me they just hastle me when they should be busting people who are actual criminals, they hastle honest hard working citizens because they have to meet quotas and its bullshit, how can you justify having a quota for "number of people who HAVE to be commiting a crime"

cops and highway patrol are just too much bullshit oriented to make me believe they're doing more good than harm, sherrifs i dont have a problem with because they're too busy with real calls to hastle the average joe for bullshit

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Hankysmoo
LOL, I was just asking for opinions RGN, I'll edit my title cuz lots of ppl find it offensive and I was just a little mad that I got a ticket but geez, I sure don't like you and your attitude... :|

Just in case you didn't notice, everyone said the same ting about your title, except for one moron.

RGN said exactly what I thought ( and what most people thought ) but the rest of us were nice enough to tell you that you are a jackass without using the word jackass.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
god i fvcking hate cops

Make sure you make a point not to call them the next time you're robbed or some guy with an axe is breaking down your door
rolleye.gif

Hankysmoo

Golden Member
May 27, 2000
This was never intended to be a flame war, just wanted to see what my position was. Sorry to everyone I offended.

Hankysmoo

Golden Member
May 27, 2000
HotChic: huh? check www.dict.org

misfortunate
adj : deserving or inciting pity; "a hapless victim"; "miserable
victims of war"; "the shabby room struck her as
extraordinarily pathetic"- Galsworthy; "piteous appeals
for help"; "pitiable homeless children"; "a pitiful
fate"; "couldn't rescue the poor fellow"; "his poor
distorted limbs"; "a wretched life" [syn: hapless, miserable,
pathetic, piteous, pitiable, pitiful, poor,

davepbrooks

Banned
Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Fritzo
god i fvcking hate cops

Make sure you make a point not to call them the next time you're robbed or some guy with an axe is breaking down your door
rolleye.gif

This is the usual response from a pig-lover

Odds that cop will save me from an attacker: slim to nill
Odds that a cop will hastle me for some bullshit: good

In the remote event that a guy with an axe is breaking down my door, i think I'll have a better chance of stopping him with my glock than a fat out of shape cop that will take at least 10 minutes to get to my house will, give me a break

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Why is everyone so lovey-dovey with police here? If he said I hate doctors, or I hate dentists, would you comment: "Just wait till you have a heart attack." or "Just wait till you need that root canal." People, people you don't have to like someone to appretiate what they do. I hate Republicans but I appretiate when they try to do something ethical.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

No your an idiot, I would be perfectly happy to exchange my "protection" for total immunity from cops, cops have never done anything to help me they just hastle me when they should be busting people who are actual criminals, they hastle honest hard working citizens because they have to meet quotas and its bullshit, how can you justify having a quota for "number of people who HAVE to be commiting a crime"

cops and highway patrol are just too much bullshit oriented to make me believe they're doing more good than harm, sherrifs i dont have a problem with because they're too busy with real calls to hastle the average joe for bullshit
You obviously have complete ignorance of what a police officer does everyday. People like you disgust me. Quotas are illegal in a lot of states, btw.

you think Sherrif's offices do more "real work" than anyone else? Wow, you are ignorant. I'm not gonna waste my time explaining anything to you, because you obviously have made up your mind, and I am sure will end up on COPS or in jail in the future. At least i hope so.

davepbrooks

Banned
Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: ScottyB
Why is everyone so lovey-dovey with police here? If he said I hate doctors, or I hate dentists, would you comment: "Just wait till you have a heart attack." or "Just wait till you need that root canal." People, people you don't have to like someone to appretiate what they do. I hate Republicans but I appretiate when they try to do something ethical.

I HATE DOCTORS TOO! BASTARD QUACKS AND THEIR HMO'S

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

are you blind? this davepbrooks moron has no appreciation, nor respect for anyone.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002

I HATE DOCTORS TOO! BASTARD QUACKS AND THEIR HMO'S

But if one saved your life you would appretiate it right? That is all that matters.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
i love how when someone gets pulled over for speeding (which is breaking the law) they are so immediate to say they are being 'hassled'.
rolleye.gif

Evadman

Feb 18, 2001

are you blind? this davepbrooks moron has no appreciation, nor respect for anyone.

I respect his freedom of speech to say whatever he wants about cops. I will use my free speech to say he is a moron for what he says about cops. ( and doctors. Did they create the HMO? I thought that was the insurance companies?)

davepbrooks

Banned
Aug 21, 2002
you think Sherrif's offices do more "real work" than anyone else? Wow, you are ignorant. I'm not gonna waste my time explaining anything to you, because you obviously have made up your mind, and I am sure will end up on COPS or in jail in the future. At least i hope so.

end up on cops? yah this is why you love cops so much is because you think they do what you see on TV shows like COPS
what they dont show you is them pulling over honest hard working tax payers because they're going 10 miles over the speed limit and nobodies around and fat pig is sitting in his patrol car waiting for someone he can pull over to meet his quota

Hankysmoo

Golden Member
May 27, 2000
I just want to get something clear right now: Did I break the law??? Just cuz a cop gave me a ticket doesn't mean its illegal! I'm innocent till proven guilty goddamit! =P

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002

I was talking about the poster, but as long as he appreciates when they do their real jobs then I don't care if he hates them. I can't stand the cops that just sit their and write out tickets all day too. I think their should be just a few cops watching for the roads and etc and a huge amount of investigators working on large crimes. They should all be required to have at least a 4-year college degree aswell.

jamautosound

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2000
Hey, everybody makes mistakes.

When you said "So, I then backed out into the rightmost lane and made the right like you're supposed to" did you back into the parking lane or the driving lane? If you backed up into the driving lane, then I would contest it for sure. Also, did all this take place within one block? If you drove down two or three blocks in the parking lane, then you deserve the ticket.

Excuses:
Checking for an address you were going to.
Answering your cell phone.
There was a bee in the car.

There's any number of things you could have been doing. Who is she to say that you didn't have a reason to park?

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

end up on cops? yah this is why you love cops so much is because you think they do what you see on TV shows like COPS
what they dont show you is them pulling over honest hard working tax payers because they're going 10 miles over the speed limit and nobodies around and fat pig is sitting in his patrol car waiting for someone he can pull over to meet his quota

haha you think so? Dude, i've ridden with more cops and know more cops than you can imagine. From every level of law enforcement (from local to federal). I've taken more than 65 credits worth of criminal justice related classes. I think i know what cops actually do. 10 miles over? you are breaking the law. the law is the speed limit. not 10 miles over. he/she isn't pulling you over for being a hard working tax payer and because he has a quota to fill, he is pulling you over because you are driving 10 miles per hour over the speed limit.

Evadman

Feb 18, 2001
davepbrooks: This is your 14 post life! ( real quotes from his posts. )

His first thread topic: "Are there any real AIM IP sniffers out there?"
Thread on "H" cards: "what i read is 'wah wah wah i insist on giving my money to big giant corporate conglomerates so the rich can get richer' "
Thread on fast forwarding .asf files: "yah whats up with that, they make you wade through the "plot" when all you wanna see is the cum shots...sigh"
Thread on someone getting screwed by a buyer on Ebay: "Looks like your SOL :) hahahahaha"
This thread: Too many to list.

Why are we bothering? Hell, Jerboy was better than this.