Miracles do happen..

enz660hp

Jun 19, 2006
Apparently God decided to give this dumbass two lives, I just lost one of them, and will cherish the one I have now. I was just in a 60mph rollover car crash, in a convertible, with the tops down, and all three of us walked away with bumps and scratches. The police officers said this is one of the worst crashes they had seen in a long time, and said if we werent wearing seat belts, we could have died. My parents are religious, I am the devious 19 year old of the family, and I am posting this to tell you all that there is an Angel watching over all of you all the time. I totaled my Friend's Dad's 97' Jaguar XK8 (driving with the top down too), And walked away a different man. This was my first car crash, and hopefully, the last.

edit: By the way, justa quick question for someone who might know the answer:

I was driving my friend's dad's car. The car is insured, will there be any **** with my friend's dad getting payment for that car since I was driving?

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
To be honest it would have made NO difference if the top was up. Take a lesson from this and be glad you didn't take out a pedestrian or another innocent driver, let alone yourself.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
The police officers said this is one of the worst crashes they had seen in a long time, and said if we werent wearing seat belts, we could have crashed.
But... you did crash!

enz660hp

Jun 19, 2006
Originally posted by: Lonyo
The police officers said this is one of the worst crashes they had seen in a long time, and said if we werent wearing seat belts, we could have crashed.
But... you did crash!

srry, fixed. They said one or both of my friends would be dead, i would probably be life star'ed out of there...

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
I'm glad you made it through safely, but personally I wouldn't attribute that to God.

As for your insurance question, I think it depends on your state. If you are insured under his policy, he should have no problem receiving compensation. Otherwise, he's out of luck (at least in MA).

slsmnaz

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: BlinderBomber
I'm glad you made it through safely, but personally I wouldn't attribute that to God.

As for your insurance question, I think it depends on your state. If you are insured under his policy, he should have no problem receiving compensation. Otherwise, he's out of luck (at least in MA).

Well, I can't imagine he was on his insurance. Most people don't add their kid's friends.

I did this in HS and it ended up that my parents insurance paid for the car. It was a bit of a mess but worked out.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
lots of people in the backseat never wear seatbelts, thinking they'd just be thrown into the seat in front of them (and not glass, etc.) if they get into a fender-bender. I certainly would if I was in a convertible... being tossed out and having the car sit on top of me would be pretty undesirable.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
there is no angel, you got lucky and you had seatbelts.
tons of people die every day...angels are incompetent if they exist. we are talking 40k+ dying a year. 13+ 9/11's.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Convertables usually have roll-bars (or something similar) for this reason.

Depends on the insurance company, but a lot of times, coverage is reduced to state minimums if someone outside hte policy drives the car.

WTF were you doing driving a friend's dad's car anyway?