Minnesota Vs. Oregon Sun Bowl

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
This game is coming down to the wire. The Golden Gophers just kicked a FG to go up 31-30 with 23 seconds left in the game. These are the kinds of games that make college football worth watching :)

nife4

Nov 24, 2003
are you watching it on tv... or in the Sun Bowl Stadium....

cuz that game is in my town???

h8red

Jul 24, 2001
good game to watch. Too bad I can't say the same about the Badgers:frown:

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: nife4
are you watching it on tv... or in the Sun Bowl Stadium....

cuz that game is in my town???

The game was on the CBS affiliate here in central california

Compton

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2000
I can't believe the oregon coach kept calling time outs when the gophers had the ball.

enjoi

Mar 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Compton
I can't believe the oregon coach kept calling time outs when the gophers had the ball.
it's not like it would have mattered he started calling them at like the 38 second mark and it was like third down when Minnesota had good field position. it was likely that Minnesota could have easily gotten off a field goal and then oregon would have had no time to attempt a score.

but yea, Minnesota got f'ing lucky on that field goal and you guys know it. it was tipped. :p

Compton

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2000
Originally posted by: enjoi
it's not like it would have mattered he started calling them at like the 38 second mark and it was like third down when Minnesota had good field position. it was likely that Minnesota could have easily gotten off a field goal and then oregon would have had no time to attempt a score.

but yea, Minnesota got f'ing lucky on that field goal and you guys know it. it was tipped. :p

It was 3rd down and 8 or so when he called the first time out. I dont follow gopher football, maybe they're good at getting a play in fast and picking up yardage when they need it. It just seemed to me like it was helpful. If the ducks couldve held them, it wouldve been a longer field goal.

It was a good game tho, better than some of the previous bowl games.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: enjoi

It was 3rd down and 8 or so when he called the first time out. I dont follow gopher football, maybe they're good at getting a play in fast and picking up yardage when they need it. It just seemed to me like it was helpful. If the ducks couldve held them, it wouldve been a longer field goal.

It was a good game tho, better than some of the previous bowl games.
If Bellotti hadn't called the first timeout, Minnesota probably would've spiked the ball, making it 4th down at the OR 30... A 48 yd field goal attempt.

By calling the timeout, he gave the Gophers another down in which they gained 6 yards. 42 yd field goal attempt was good, of course.

Kellen Clemons and Samie Parker put on a clinic... Too bad the Ducks defense couldn't stop the Gophers running backs. Still a fantastic game.

Now bring on the Rose Bowl!!! :)