Question Mining server chassis selection these days?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Looking for good mining server chassis, with or without mobo or PSU, single-unit qty., ships to USA address, prefer free shipping, nothing from China please.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001

Went with one of those, should be able to take four RX 6600 8GB GPUs, three in the PCI-E x16 slots (Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming II ATX mobo), and then one vertically in front, using a 1x PCI-E riser to the top-most PCI-E x1 slot on the board, above the top GPU slot.

At least, I hope so.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
I personally prefer open racks for mining, unless you intend on watercooling.

nothing from China please.

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about this... everything is practically made from china.
Even Supermicro chasis are made in China or Taiwan.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
This is kind of a niche thing and hard to find so I ended up building my own out of 1/4" plywood when I wanted to get into mining. GPUs being so hard to buy made me give up though, I got up to 2 GPUs and mined for a bit then decided to pack it in.

The case was basically just a 7U box with 3 120mm fan holes in the front, the motherboard sat on standoffs in the back and the GPUs sat up in front. It sat on some existing L brackets I had which were previously for a SAN. It was nothing too fancy but it kept everything enclosed and tidy in the rack. I had bought the crimping tool to make molex connectors so I can do all custom wiring for power feeds to the GPUs that would end up in there but never ended up doing that part.