mllejules

Jun 6, 2018
I'm looking for minimalist speakers for a mini-ITX PC I'm building. Looking for small size, clean lines, modern design. I want something that is unobtrusive (unless it's beautiful) and the least desk-cluttery. Is there a chance of finding a single speaker or does it always have to be two or more? Is it possible to get PC speakers that are dedicated to bluetooth so I can minimise unsightly wires? (I have an Antec portable bluetooth speaker but I don't know how practical something like this is for daily use.)

I am coming from years of using iMacs and loving my uncluttered space, so this jump to PC is daunting for me. I have searched for monitors that integrate good speakers and that appears to be a non-starter. There are some, but they're either ugly, too expensive, or lacking in resolution.

I really want to distance myself from the expensive, short lifecycle of macs or all-in-one PCs, but knowing how much stuff, and how many wires, you have to make space for with a PC is really putting me off.

Any wisdom and product recommendations welcome!

Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, I'd be looking for a sound bar if I were you. Although I'm pretty good at tucking cables and wouldn't necessarily be only looking at wireless ones.

fralexandr

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
Those T30s have a power cable wire. Not really "Wireless". OP should go for a small wireless BT bar with built in battery.
Yeah, I personally think having to recharge it every several days would be super annoying though... would have to buy 2 and just switch them out ;D.

Smoove910

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2006
why not just get a monitor with integrated speakers? I'm not huge into computer sound anymore, so I went with a monitor with speakers. Works perfect and no wires to worry about. Just a thought...

trungma

Jul 1, 2001
I really like Kanto YU4 speakers. Very similar to Audioengine. Sleek and minimalist and will sound great.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
Edirol MA-15D's are pretty damn good studio monitors, and they can be held with one hand if you're a wee bit on the taller side.