Mini-ITX (17cm) IGP from Intel

NoobyDoo

Nov 13, 2006
Link

The blue giant is getting in on the act by releasing an Intel-branded motherboard based on its own chipset - who, after all, would be in a better position to leverage the design?

The clincher here is that the DG45FC is based on the mini-ITX form-factor, measuring just 17cm x 17cm.

The chipset supports dual-core and quad-core 45nm Intel processors - and the DX10-toting IGP currently scores around 1,100 marks in 3DMark06, making it useful for casual gaming.

Display outputs, too, are good - HDMI and DVI are integrated on the I/O section.

Dadofamunky

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2005
***DROOL*** :p

Man, HDMI AND DVI on this little board?

This could be the ultimate HTPC motherboard. That seriously kicks ass in terms of features. I have Intel's G35 express with an HDMI port biut it's not a true SFF. This IS. This is the follow-up to the G35 express, and it looks exciting. With this, you wold not need a video card to do Blu-Ray HTPC goodness.

I might have to buy this. HTPC is starting to come into its own. Great find.

And an E-Sata port!

That is a genuinely sick board. I am ABSOLUTELY buying one.

firewolfsm

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2005
And the X4500 isn't bad either...you could actually make a decent gaming rig smaller than a mac mini (without a DVD drive of course)

mooseracing

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2006
Yet sadly no dual NIC ports.....Of course I'm still trying to get my Jetaway board working with Smoothwall or another variant. They need to offer these with Server Proc's or Via needs to pump out more of their dual core's.

BlueAcolyte

Platinum Member
Nov 19, 2007
I think AMD beat these guys with 780g, but that's micro-ATX, not ITX... I might have to seriously start messing around with some of these things.

aussiestilgar

Dec 2, 2007
If they release this at a reasonable price then I might just have to build a HTPC. Great features for such a small board.