Minecraft

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JimmiG

Platinum Member
Feb 24, 2005
Don't really build any over-the-top stuff. I just try to enjoy the experience of being there and living a virtual life. My home (houses in the background are from Millenaire)

Last edited:

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
Don't really build any over-the-top stuff. I just try to enjoy the experience of being there and living a virtual life. My home (houses in the background are from Millenaire)

Nice pics. I just built a log cabin the other day, used sideways logs for the roof. I did all wood though, I think your idea with brick for the walls looks much nicer. Is that misa's texture pack?

Last edited:

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
I'm not too creative, I usually just make things with redstone (mob traps, automated farming, elevators, etc...). And I prefer survival, so I never really build too much eye candy in the fears that a creeper will just eventually blow it up. My Mom and Sis however are much more creative than I am so I set them up a peaceful server to play on.

My sis built this on my server recently (she is now making the hot air balloons):
QHnHOls.jpg

And the night shot:
ib5BnCV.png

I'm zoomed out pretty far, but on the inside it's pretty big, she spent a whole week on these.

My Mom also built this off of a model for a mall she found online:
day:
QEyltwT.png

night:
tU7N0tg.png

And to give you an idea of how large the map has gotten, here is our peaceful map zoomed all of the way out (the areas from the images above are circled). I have to keep expanding border guard because they keep hitting the limit and they want to spread out:
UnSfo79.jpg

69RpygN.png

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
The whole fam getting involved! Cool. I can't even get my friends to play.

I might be able to manage re-creating this cool hotel in China. It's blocky! Already looks like something out of the minecraft world.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
Wow, that's a cool looking hotel. It looks so out of place (and monstrous) compared to the neighboring architecture style.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
And to give you an idea of how large the map has gotten, here is our peaceful map zoomed all of the way out (the areas from the images above are circled). I have to keep expanding border guard because they keep hitting the limit and they want to spread out:
UnSfo79.jpg

How do you get your terrain to be that varied?

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
How do you get your terrain to be that varied?

The map was started in beta, maybe the biomes were smaller then, chunk loading was different then or maybe I just got lucky. I didn't use any kind of mods for that.

It is a pretty big map though, I built a minecart track from one end to another and IIRC it takes a little less than 10 mins to get from one end to the other at whatever the maximum speed of a minecart goes. Nobody uses the track I built anymore since they figured how to use warps in essentials :(.

It was a nice track too, it is a 2 way (2 track) system with pez dispenser layout stations that you just stand on a pressure plate and the cart rolls up, then you climb in the cart and away it goes. All that time I spent and now they just type /warp....:D

great stuff, wyndru's family! this in particular looks awesome
Thanks, I'll let them know. They really love this game, and I have them set up on my ventrilo server too, so they can talk with each other while playing. My niece plays on that server too, but not as much.

Last edited:

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
Just a note for anyone looking for something to watch that will illustrate just how involved this game is...

Etho MindCrack SMP - Episode 94: Final Tour

Throughout season 3 of minecrack I caught a few episodes, but Etho's final tour is just insane. I don't even understand how these guys can be so creative and have so much time to build this stuff.

And here are some screenshots of a mob farm I built this weekend. I like it more than my previous monster farms because it uses dispensers with water on a hopper timer that automatically goes off about once every 1 minute and floods 20 mob rooms (actually it alternates flooding 10 each time so it's a constant stream of mobs). I also made it separate the spiders from the zombies, creepers and skellies because I had issues with the spiders clogging the drop pipe.

Not the most creative build, it's more about the functionality though, I need the xp for my enchants.

2s1b2fr.png

vywil2.png

2enmhj7.png

2rp2n1i.png

xms583.png
2znsd3q.png
idyngw.png
2qs3r7m.png

Last edited: