Million dollar baby is a horrible movie`

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I like the movie. I like the ending because I don't want another Rocky type happy ending.

The only thing that I didn't like was after she got hurt and in the hospital, the pace of the movie seem to be slower than the rest of the movie.

bobbybe01

Banned
May 30, 2004
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
Originally posted by: bobbybe01
Originally posted by: Jeraden
I just watched it for the first time last weekend. It was pretty good, but nowhere near great. Don't really understand how it won best picture.
There were a lot of crappy movies this past year.

critics+media echo chamber+studio hype department = oscar
If someone in your movie is on death row, dies, or has some sort of handicap = oscar as well.

:thumbsup: good list too :)

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I found it overly long. I also didn't like how the first hour or so had no soundtrack that I recall.

What was the first clue that the movie took place in modern times? For me I think it was the Apprentice ad on the side of the bus.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Dunbar
Saw it in Paris, sucked. Aviator is another overrated movie.

Pretty much any movie starring Leonardo Decrappio is guaranteed to suck

MagicConch

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2005
That movie did suck. Clint could pop out the life story of a turd and still the Academy would consider it for an Oscar.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
i think it's a pretty good movie actually. i loved how much i got to hate her family. i loved when she told her mother to get her fat white trash @ss out. ;)

it was kind of sad how she died tho.

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Originally posted by: amdforever2
She dies.

Dies.

No triumphant comeback in defiance of doctors expectations. B*tch sh!ts a stool and dies.

Wow, thats pretty sh!tty... Maybe I shouldn't push so hard next time :shocked:

Minjin

Platinum Member
Jan 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Dunbar
Saw it in Paris, sucked. Aviator is another overrated movie.

I enjoyed Aviator FAR more than Million Dollar Baby (which I liked). Kate Blanchett rocked...

Mark

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
i don't go to watch movies to feel sad and shiet. i want to be entertained, and not mope around. also, the mom's story is way too far fetched, unrealistic, unjustified, and not explained clearly enough.

BSEagle1

Oct 28, 2002
What movie doesn't suck these days? Off the top of my head, I can remember seeing maybe 1 or 2 movies this year that didn't make me want to slay the directors and writers for making such a sucky piece of crap.

And I can't even remember the names of those two movies. :(