milk more dangerous than second hand smoke

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Indolent
haven't seen it, but it sounds pretty dumb. What is the commercial for?

its a activist commercial slamming milk by going to a dairy posing as a normal film crew and have the farmer show them how cows are milked. they blindside the dairy farmer by saying that recent study proves that milk is more dangerous than second hand smoke.

cut to dumbfounded farmer

commercial ends.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Citrix

its a activist commercial slamming milk by going to a dairy posing as a normal film crew and have the farmer show them how cows are milked. they blindside the dairy farmer by saying that recent study proves that milk is more dangerous than second hand smoke.

commercial ends.

actually its slamming tobacco companys not milk

tasmanian

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Anubis

commercial ends.

How by saying second hand smoke doesnt do anything?

Cruisin1

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: tasmanian

commercial ends.

How by saying second hand smoke doesnt do anything?

Wow are you serious... you left out a VERY important part of the commercial! It said TOBACCO companies put out a study saying milk was more dangerous than second hand smoke.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

commercial ends.

ahhh ok, i can see that now. since i had no background on this guy i thought he really had a ax to grind with the milk industry.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004

commercial ends.

ahhh ok, i can see that now. since i had no background on this guy i thought he really had a ax to grind with the milk industry.

Haha. Anti-milk crusader.

I really hate these Truth ads.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
who doesn't know that cigarettes are bad for you? been living under a rock for the past 300 years? honestly? don't they have better things to spend money on like, i dunno, more trees for those of us who appreciate clean air?

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: DangerAardvark

commercial ends.

ever hear of John Robbins?

Dudewithoutapet

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2005
Truth.com leads to a hardware site. I don't watch TV much anymore and have yet to see this commercial. These comments are a bit confusing to me. Is TRUTH against milk now or are they playing on the fact that the tobacco industry put out the report about milk being dangerous?

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004

commercial ends.

Sure, he directed Dead Man Walking. Susan Sarandon = hottest nun ever.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Originally posted by: ElFenix
who doesn't know that cigarettes are bad for you? been living under a rock for the past 300 years? honestly? don't they have better things to spend money on like, i dunno, more trees for those of us who appreciate clean air?

I agree. At this point and time I think it's a waste of time and money to "inform" the public that smoking is bad. The money could be better spent elsewhere. Maybe kids athletic programs or a place where kids could hang out after school and play games and such.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Originally posted by: TheNinja
Originally posted by: ElFenix

I agree. At this point and time I think it's a waste of time and money to "inform" the public that smoking is bad. The money could be better spent elsewhere. Maybe kids athletic programs or a place where kids could hang out after school and play games and such.

It's propaganda by definition at this point. The info is all out there. Now they're just appealing to emotion.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
It's propaganda by definition at this point. The info is all out there. Now they're just appealing to emotion.
Teen smoking is on the rise again, and some attribute this to the barrage of "Truth" ads on MTV and other networks with a predominant teenage audience...perhaps because the "Truth" ads are so obnoxious and self-righteous, and teens, being teens, are acting against conventional wisdom as a symbol of rebellion.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

commercial ends.

no not him you tool, John robbins the son of and heir to the baskin-robbins ice cream estate. he turned it all down and became a huge vegan and anti dairy activist.

Cattlegod

Diamond Member
May 22, 2001
It was published by the Templar Milks. Afterall, what do you think was in the Holy Grail?

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004

commercial ends.

no not him you tool, John robbins the son of and heir to the baskin-robbins ice cream estate. he turned it all down and became a huge vegan and anti dairy activist.

A huge vegan huh? Still don't care. I just wanna bone Susan Sarandon. In all her versions, Rocky Horror Picture Show through present.