Milk in California

lanielf

Feb 14, 2006
My girlfriend and I both live in QC,Canada. She is in California right now and she said to me that the milk there tastes awful ?

What type of milk do you drink in California, and what's the difference with the one we have here in Canada ?

Thanks

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: lanielf
My girlfriend and I both live in QC,Canada. She is in California right now and she said to me that the milk there tastes awful ?

What type of milk do you drink in California, and what's the difference with the one we have here in Canada ?

Thanks

Tell her to quit drinking it from the male cows.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Juddog

Roy: Hey, I hope you don't mind, I got up a little early, so I took the liberty of milking your cow for you. Yeah, it took a little while to get her warmed up, she sure is a stubborn one, whew.
[Takes a drink from the bucket]
Mr. Boorg: We don't have a cow. We have a bull.
Roy: I'm gonna brush my teeth.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: anxi80

Roy: Hey, I hope you don't mind, I got up a little early, so I took the liberty of milking your cow for you. Yeah, it took a little while to get her warmed up, she sure is a stubborn one, whew.

ROFL!

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

Thanks

Soy, Skim, 1%, 2%, Whole

pretty sure those are the same ones you have up there in canukistan

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006

ROFL!

Hahaha...Canadians =p

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
I thought they had milk bags in canada to be honest....I saw them on the internet on a joke site...but then saw them elsewhere...do you have milk bags mr.canuck?

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005

Thanks

:laugh:

jdoggg12

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2005
Probably temperature/diet differences - cows are very sensitive to diet in terms of milk production.

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Anubis

Thanks

Soy, Skim, 1%, 2%, Whole

pretty sure those are the same ones you have up there in canukistan

Whole = Homo in Canada.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Well, you know, great cheese comes from happy cows. How else can you make a cow that happy? Thus "Real California Cheese" actually is different from what you'd get elsewhere.

Same goes for milk.

Damn it, vi_edit beat me.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
I love the milk here. But, avoid the Swiss brand with all your might, so in-consistent in taste and freshness.

clickynext

Platinum Member
Dec 24, 2004
Milk in California didn't taste much different to me, and I usually drink homo. I didn't stay there very long, though.

Dec 27, 2001
Well, I noticed a few months ago that milk we got from the grocery store (we tried three stores) tasted differently all of a sudden. So we tried Costco and that milk was fine.

benzylic

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2006

ROFL!

:thumbsup:

fredhe12

Apr 6, 2006
[/quote]

Soy, Skim, 1%, 2%, Whole

pretty sure those are the same ones you have up there in canukistan[/quote]

ROFL! :laugh:

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
Well, I noticed a few months ago that milk we got from the grocery store (we tried three stores) tasted differently all of a sudden. So we tried Costco and that milk was fine.

I noticed that as well. Someone mentioned that milk which is protected from light (boxed/opaque containers) will also have a different taste.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: mundane
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor

I noticed that as well. Someone mentioned that milk which is protected from light (boxed/opaque containers) will also have a different taste.

There are a LOT of things that effect milk taste:

Temperature during at all stges
Feed
Type of milk
Processes used
Breed
etc