Might & MagicVI: The Mandate Of Heaven - 10 years already!!

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Actually the ten-year anniversary will be in three days as the game was released on April 30th 1998 but I cannot wait any longer. Still, how fast time flies! A decade already for a classic game that is still fun to play nowadays (I still play it occasionally).:thumbsup:

That game was a milestone! Revived the whole RPG genre if Iremember correctly. Also was game of the year.:cool:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I dont think the genre actually was "revived" or even needed to be. But if it was it certainly didnt happen with M&M 6. It was more likely Baldurs Gate.

Having said that, I played the game when it first came out and I loved it.
7 was even better, and 8 was a nice twist on the old classic.
9 was junk, but thats what happens when you force serious changes to a good series.

Incidentally, 8 was the only one I ever managed to finish even though I had strategy guides for all of them.

Mandin62

Mar 24, 2007
i loved and love mandate of heaven. good classic game. actually fired it up a little while ago. classic stuff. i loved the mix of fps and rpg. and the characters pictures and voices. wow those ladies still freak me out. didnt realize it had been that long already.

Piuc2020

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2005
I was always more of a "Heroes" of Might & Magic kind of guy, man that series is so damn awesome, I still love to play the HOMM3 today.

Sorry for derailing the thread but it's not too long away from the HOMM3 anniversary either.

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
MM6 and 7 I enjoyed immensely, never did complete either of them though. 7 got silly at the end with those terminator droids or whatever.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I really enjoyed 6. I got pretty far, but never finished it. I still have a saved game where I'm pretty close to the end. I don't get what the big deal is with the phasers, they don't seem better then the good ol' swords and melee weapons. All of the charactors in my game have hundreds of unused skill pionts too. Talking about MM6 makes me want to go play. :) I used to play MM2 GTAW on my Sega Genesis quite a lot too. And I have all of the HOMM games. I guess I like the series more then I realized. :)

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I loved 6, and it was one of the few computer games I ever finished. I think it had a role in rejuvenating the genre.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
I only played 2. That was like 20 years ago ! I got to the very end of that game but I couldn't figure out the stupid riddle thing so I never finished it. That sucked bad. But I had fun with the game aside from that. I still remember.. I got really lucky and found a Titan's Pike +22 for my Knight.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
*edit - minor spoiler alert...

Originally posted by: spittledip
I only played 2. That was like 20 years ago ! I got to the very end of that game but I couldn't figure out the stupid riddle thing so I never finished it. That sucked bad. But I had fun with the game aside from that. I still remember.. I got really lucky and found a Titan's Pike +22 for my Knight.

The trick was to fight the dinosaurs in the desert and the 'Cuisinarts'. There is a spot on a mountain in the middle of the world map (I cna't remember the exact location) where you can fight Cuisinarts, they will give you unbelieveable experience (I had all my charactors at level 255 or whatever) and really nice equipment, +50ish stuff.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Originally posted by: SlowSpyder

The trick was to fight the dinosaurs in the desert and the 'Cuisinarts'. There is a spot on a mountain in the middle of the world map (I cna't remember the exact location) where you can fight Cuisinarts, they will give you unbelieveable experience (I had all my charactors at level 255 or whatever) and really nice equipment, +50ish stuff.

Yeah, I think that is where i got my Titan Pike.

weirdwaldo

Nov 29, 1999
Heh, I rememebr playing the one on the NES years an years ago. Spent forever...and I mean FOREVER playing it.....only to have the battery die in the cartridge before I could finish it.....bye bye saved game *sniffle*

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Spoiler alerts, even for old games - some have not yet played them and will.

Originally posted by: SlowSpyder