Might & Magic: Where to Begin?

Ultralight

Jul 11, 2004
So I am over at my local GameStop store and they have a demo of M&M V booted up on one of their consoles.

I am not a turned based gaming fan but I have to admit I had a lot of fun playing the demo.

So, what installment should I begin with? Also, it has come to my attention that there are actually two strains of the M&M universe. The other one is the Heroes offerings. What are the differences?

tailes151

Mar 3, 2006
Heroes of might and magic is a turned based strategy game. Might and magic is a first person rpg type game. I really enjoyed Heroes of might and magic 3, 4 not so much. I didn't really enjoy any of the might and magics after 5.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Might and magic 3 is where the graphics become tolerable for me anything prior to that I can't really stand. As far as I know, none of the installments of the heroes series are related to each other.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
As a avid heroes gamer I can only say that heroes III with its complete expansions + the user made expansion Wake of Gods has most replayability. Forget Heroes IV as the AI never worked properly. Heroes V has some god new improvements, but also some setbacks compared to heroes III. But you could get the demo and see how it feels.