might be going to seattle... what's there to see?

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
ok i'm planning a trip with my family to Seattle, WA for the 4th of July weekend. We'll probably stay a day there since it's gonna take a day to drive there alone. Are there affordable places to lodge? what's there to see besides the space needle (or whatever it's called). I know there are lots of aviation museum there or something but it'd be nice to plan ahead!

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Pikes Market, Space Needle, Monorail, take the ferry across Puget Sound to Bainbridge Island and drive around....nice country up there.

~wnied~

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: iamme
that place where they throw the fish :D

i've always wanted to see that :p
That's Pikes Place Market.

ChefJoe

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
When's the milk carton derby ? That boat race with boats made of milk cartons is in july or august - historically.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Isn't hendrix's grave in seattle? Not the funnest tourist thing but maybe interesting nontheless. I'm pretty sure they dumped Staley in seattle too so there's another one. Oh, and I second the suggestion for a mariners game :)

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: flxnimprtmscl
Isn't hendrix's grave in seattle? Not the funnest tourist thing but maybe interesting nontheless. I'm pretty sure they dumped Staley in seattle too so there's another one. Oh, and I second the suggestion for a mariners game :)
Hendrix's grave is in Renton about 15 miles SE.
A Mariners game in Safeco Field is cool but (IMO) ridiculously expensive for a baseball game. Parking alone is $20 bucks.
Seattle has some of the worst traffic in the country so be warned. I-5 will jam up through downtown even on the weekends.
Space Needle, EMP, and the Pacific Science are all on the same grounds near like Denny and 1st and are a must see.
Pikes Place Market is at 1st and Pike. No visit to Seattle is complete without going there.
If it's a nice day, take the ferry across to Bainbridge or Bremerton. Around the 4th there are Indian fireworks stands up near Poulsbo where you can get the good stuff if you're interested.
Anyway, it's a good size town and there's lots to see and do. Good restaurants and a lot of different places and people.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Rain. Sorry, that wasn't helpful at all. If you wanna come to New Jersey though, let me know and I'll tell you where to go! :)