Middle Class vs. the 1%: It’s About to Get Really Ugly

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Personally, I don't understand how people making minimum wage with no healthcare insurance can identify with someone who has a Swiss bank account. I know people like this. A/P clerks making $15/hr who are in their 40s and 50s, staunch republicans. I don't get it. You really think Mitt Romney is going to represent you?

And which democrat presidential candidate doesnt have millions in the bank? It seems pretty silly to ask that question when neither party presents a regular joe for president.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
The republicans are the only ones who care about them. The republicans couldn't care less, they just want them to be slaves to their rich overlords. The more work for the less money they can get out of them the better. The republicans want to give the rich all sorts of handouts and rig the game in their favor. So no matter what happens they will always end up on top, while the rest of the country suffers.

You need to either get out of mom ans dads basement a little or seek medical help for this paranoia you have that republicans want to enslave people to rich overlords. In case you didnt notice a lot of democrats are rich and they have no problem handing out hundreds of billions to their rich friends while asking the middle class to pay for it.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
You need to either get out of mom ans dads basement a little or seek medical help for this paranoia you have that republicans want to enslave people to rich overlords. In case you didnt notice a lot of democrats are rich and they have no problem handing out hundreds of billions to their rich friends while asking the middle class to pay for it.

You should return to reality and look what the republicans have been doing and simply look at their endgame. Cut back on help for education, help for those who are down on their luck, remove workers rights, remove any regulation that doesn't help big business. Cut tax rates to %0 for the very rich, remove min wage, make everyone else pay for everything. Let businesses out of contracts that they negotiated so that they didn't have to lose short term profits, then when profits return the top take all the profits.

Try to not live in your delusional world where democrats are wanting the middle class to pay for handouts for the rich.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
You should return to reality and look what the republicans have been doing and simply look at their endgame. Cut back on help for education, help for those who are down on their luck, remove workers rights, remove any regulation that doesn't help big business. Cut tax rates to %0 for the very rich, remove min wage, make everyone else pay for everything. Let businesses out of contracts that they negotiated so that they didn't have to lose short term profits, then when profits return the top take all the profits.

Try to not live in your delusional world where democrats are wanting the middle class to pay for handouts for the rich.

Lets address each one of your talking points one by one. Republicans want to cut education? When have they ever successfully done such a thing And do they really mean it? I dont believe for a second Republicans will cut education in any meaningful way. And please explain to me how govt driving up the cost of education helps the middle class?

Worker rights? Like what? Having a union require you be a member and pay dues regardless if you want to join one? Oh the humanity. Allowing people to have choice.

I know democrats like to believe regulation hurts big business. But it doesnt. It is a barrier to entry for small shops as the costs to adhere to said regulation is out of reach. That is why you will see Walmart support things like Obamacare or min wage laws. They can absorb those costs far easier than Pauls hardware shop down the road.

Please show me one republican that has introduced legislation that will reduce the rich's tax burden to 0%. In the mean time familiarize yourself on the tax brackets since 1980 for the middle and lower classes. And the % of federal income tax the bottom 50% of workers are paying over that same time.

I personally dont have a problem with min wage laws. But they affect such a small % of the workforce(~2%) they arent even worth debating imo.

What world do you live within? Havent you been paying attention on who got what bailouts over the past 4 years? Dont lecture about delusion when hundreds of billions were given out to the rich under a democrat president and super majority democrat congress.

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
Things were MUCH better then than today under Obama's failed disastrous policies, and that's a fact.

I would love for democrats to try to sell this message and people are better off today during Obama's term than in the 2000s. It would be completely against everybody's own economic reality.

Bwah ha ha ha ha!

Ha ha ha ha!

That's what the dems are doing this week. Truth hurts your position a lot more than mine.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Bwah ha ha ha ha!

Ha ha ha ha!

That's what the dems are doing this week. Truth hurts your position a lot more than mine.

Was people's net worth higher during bush? Yes.
Was their income higher and growing? Yes.
Was unemployment much lower? Yes.

Thanks to Obama we've moved significantly BACKWARD. Fact remains people were a lot better off during Bush. Please make people remember back to that time when they were so much better off.

Jan 25, 2011
Was people's net worth higher during bush? Yes.
Was their income higher and growing? Yes.
Was unemployment much lower? Yes.

Thanks to Obama we've moved significantly BACKWARD. Fact remains people were a lot better off during Bush. Please make people remember back to that time when they were so much better off.

So do you just completely ignore the unprecedented free fall the country was in just before Bush left office? You can't just average it out over 8 years and call it a success.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
So do you just completely ignore the unprecedented free fall the country was in just before Bush left office? You can't just average it out over 8 years and call it a success.

Were gas prices lower under bush? Yes.
Was the price of food lower under bush? Yes.
How about energy and utility prices lower under Bush? Yes.

In every way imaginable people were much better off with Bush than this fuckstain in office. Go ahead and remind people of their own economic situation, let them think back to those good times.

Jan 25, 2011
Were gas prices lower under bush? Yes.
Was the price of food lower under bush? Yes.
How about energy and utility prices lower under Bush? Yes.

In every way imaginable people were much better off with Bush than this fuckstain in office. Go ahead and remind people of their own economic situation, let them think back to those good times.

That's what I figured. There's a reason you won't see Bush on the road for the GOP. You'd think if it were that good for the GOP to remind everyone he'd be front and center.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
That's what I figured. There's a reason you won't see Bush on the road for the GOP. You'd think if it were that good for the GOP to remind everyone he'd be front and center.

Better to let obama do it. Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake. You also forget democrats shunned obama like the plague in the 2010 elections and still didn't save them from a historic ass whoopin. Wanting him no where near their campaigns.