Middle Class vs. the 1%: It’s About to Get Really Ugly

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Smartazz

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
On the day Barack Obama was inaugurated the S&P 500 was at around 840. Today it's at 1,404. Where's that higher net worth under Bush?

Just to be clear I'm not trying to give Obama credit for most of that. Unlike you and other hyper-partisan retards I understand that most of what happens with the economy is beyond the president's control.

Spidey has a very simple view of economics and doesn't realize that the economy is affected by factors outside of the United States and that the President does not have total control over the economy. Similar logic to blaming the President for gas prices going up, as if he has control over that market.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
People are longing for the good times of Bush. They would love to go back to the economy under his leadership vs. the proven destruction of our country, economy and industry with Obama.

Are you better off since Obama took office? Overwhelmingly people say NO. Not since Carter have we seen the misery index so high, and people's hope for the future so low.

I should add a running total to the quote in my sig.

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Unemployment low, wages and net worth much higher than today, overall everybody was much more happy and secure about their own personal future and America's.

Then enter Obama, and now look where we're at. Complete misery.

Are you clinically insane or just trolling?

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
Net worth, income and employment have STEADILY declined since Obama took office. People were much better off during Bush than Obama. That's a fact.

Let the democrats make this case, have them say "Yeah, you'll go back to the times where your made more, unemployment was low and your net worth was much higher if you follow Romney's plans!"

Yeah, let them say that. Let Americans think back to their better days, better days of the country and say "Compared to Obama, that was pretty dang good, fuck this president".

So the housing bubble bursting had nothing to do with the decrease in net worth, correct?

No, average and median incomes are beginning to climb again.
http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/story/2012-02-09/income-rising/53033322/1

Even Faux News shows that after 1 year of Obama being in office, the median family household income began to rise again.
http://nation.foxnews.com/president...e-household-income-has-dropped-3k-under-obama

Unemployment began steadily IMPROVING a year after Obama took office.
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

I'm no Obama cheerleader, but if someone wants to vote for Romney on the basis of the economy, let's not base that decision on lies.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
I'll admit I haven't yet read the entire article or any of the posts here but I had to stop when i read this:

He says they'll hit particularly hard on the financial regulation component to create a tough stance on Wall Street

The fuck you say?

there has not been a single prosecution of a high-ranking Wall Street executive or major financial firm even though fraud and financial misrepresentations played a significant role in the meltdown.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57336042/prosecuting-wall-street/

Yes - I will bet those on Wall Street are shaking in the boots from this tough stance. Hey - you better watch out! If you fuck up we will....uh....we'll.....say bad things about you occasionally in public!

Tough stance my ass

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
and we can thank bushie for that too.

Obama came in with an debt of 1T.

What additional financial expenses added by Bush from 2009-2012?
He was not in charge.
Obama controlled the reins on the government spending.
Increase of how much?
He stated he was going to decrease it how much?

He stated that he should be have a second term if he was unable to do what?

The Dems want so badly to place the excuse and blame on Bush after Bush was no longer in office.

Schmide

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2002

He was not in charge.
Increase of how much?

He stated that he should be have a second term if he was unable to do what?

The Dems want so badly to place the excuse and blame on Bush after Bush was no longer in office.

Apparently you've never purchased anything on credit. Bush did everything to post load every bit of debt off his shoulders. Including but not limited to, keeping the wars off the books, not funding programs like no child left behind and the drug benefit program, and we all know about the bushie tax cut.

The really sad thing is you can't read a chart, but you've earned your blinders.

Edit: This is as much a blame on Bush as it is a refutation of the crazy claims by the Repubs that 15trillion is solely the blame of the Obama administration. If you divide the pie soley on time approx 5trillion goes to each pre Bush, to Bush, then Obama. If you actually, load the bills and programs to each, it's solely a different picture.

Last edited:

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Unemployment low, wages and net worth much higher than today, overall everybody was much more happy and secure about their own personal future and America's.

Then enter Obama, and now look where we're at. Complete misery.

Of course what you are really comparing is Clinton's legacy versus Bush's.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Oh my god

You and Spidey have and are doing the same drugs together.

You guys should take at least one page from the liberal book and have the decency to share that potent stuff.

Before the market collapsed unemployment was below 5% and the stock market was at an all-time high. As far as the economy goes things were good whether your shallow brain can accept them or not.

Smartazz

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Before the market collapsed unemployment was below 5% and the stock market was at an all-time high. As far as the economy goes things were good whether your shallow brain can accept them or not.

Things were good, but you cannot ignore the crash. Let's face it, it's going to take a long time to recover from this recession seeing as this one is really bad this time.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Did you guys know that posting in huge, bolded, letters means you are bad in bed? It is true, I read it on some Internet forum somewhere once, so it has to be true.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

He was not in charge.
Increase of how much?

He stated that he should not have a second term if he was unable to do what?

Also, the budget Obama inherited when he first took office was voted yes on by Obama, so he certainly liked it enough to think it should be used. He cannot even escape that one.

Schmide

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2002
Also, the budget Obama inherited when he first took office was voted yes on by Obama, so he certainly liked it enough to think it should be used. He cannot even escape that one.

Uhh no. The Federal budget runs October-September. You really can't start the blame till October 2009.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
People are longing for the good times of Bush. They would love to go back to the economy under his leadership vs. the proven destruction of our country, economy and industry with Obama.

Are you better off since Obama took office? Overwhelmingly people say NO. Not since Carter have we seen the misery index so high, and people's hope for the future so low.

See, this is why people think you have a tumor or smoke high grade crack.

And you follow it up with using "leadership" in conjunction with "Bush" lol!

People like you are the reason Cheney still has a perpetual shit-eating smirk on his face.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
See, this is why people think you have a tumor or smoke high grade crack.

And you follow it up with using "leadership" in conjunction with "Bush" lol!

People like you are the reason Cheney still has a perpetual shit-eating smirk on his face.

So do you deny the fact that people were much better off during Bush? Because that is a fact and I dare democrats to let people think back to their prosperity before Obama. Please do it, let Americans remember that time before Obama.

Are you better off than 4 years ago? For a high majority of people, they are not, thanks to Obama.

Jan 25, 2011
So do you deny the fact that people were much better off during Bush? Because that is a fact and I dare democrats to let people think back to their prosperity before Obama. Please do it, let Americans remember that time before Obama.

Are you better off than 4 years ago? For a high majority of people, they are not, thanks to Obama.

I love you. You're stupid AND crazy. It makes me smile.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
So do you deny the fact that people were much better off during Bush? Because that is a fact and I dare democrats to let people think back to their prosperity before Obama.

body-bags.jpg

StockMarketGraph2007thru2008.gif

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

Americans answered that question already, you fucking idiot:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/155177/Americans-Blame-Bush-Obama-Bad-Economy.aspx

The title of the poll:

Americans Still Blame Bush More Than Obama for Bad Economy

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I'm not a liberal, and what's truly "low" is whitewashing history by saying the Bush years were hunky dory, ignoring those heroes' needless sacrifices.

If people want to spew obvious BS about how "great" the Bush years were, you're damned right I will be bringing up the coffins and bodybags. Reality hurts -- too bad.
Dude, seriously. You are THE poster boy for mindless, 100% progressive slant. You are exactly as much not a liberal as is Obama. Not a liberal? That would require a political mix of 90% crazy far right extremists, 10% "moderates", and Steeplerot.

At least conservatives are honest about being conservatives.

I personally think Anarchist420 is intelligent even though he tends to talk about stuff most dont care to talk about. Articles of Confederation etc. But at least he thinks lol

But in general..the answer is 'no' to your question :)
Amazing that the smartest people in the country can't seem to fund their own health care, child care, education, broad band . . .