Middle Class vs. the 1%: It’s About to Get Really Ugly

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Yeah, 9/11/01 was a real blast.

I also enjoyed seeing those 4,000+ extra bodybags coming back on transports for a war based on lies.

And who could forget dessert -- a lovely financial crash?

It wasnt a war, a war requires congress to sanction it and a deceleration. Bush entered iraq illegally and should be prosecuted as such.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Unemployment low, wages and net worth much higher than today, overall everybody was much more happy and secure about their own personal future and America's.

Yeah, it was just non-stop joy from beginning to end.

wtc.jpg

wmdiniraqwasalie.jpg

hurricane-katrina.jpg

100908-dow2.jpg

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011

wtc.jpg

wmdiniraqwasalie.jpg

hurricane-katrina.jpg

100908-dow2.jpg

Using dead heroes to prove a point is very low, even for liberals. But a good point it is, if both bushes had stayed out of the middle east we wouldnt be having as many problems as we are today, we need to let them handle their own problems. The entire housing bubble was predicted and could have been avoided, ill keep my conspiracy theories out of this since I have no concrete evidence to back them up, it was just greed that made the bubble pop. Do I think we are better off today than we were 4 years ago? Not even close, is it ALL obamas fault? No, not even close. It is still partially his fault for not doing jack shit about anything, yet I do believe bush has set him up for failure. Another 4 years of obama is not the answer though. I will be voting Romney this year, not because I believe he is the answer, but because obama has already proven that he ISNT the answer. I also dont like obamas shady background, If I knew a little more about his history I might be inclined to vote for him, but since I cant trust him he wont be seeing my vote.

Back to the war in the middle east, obama has taken many troops home, I can almost applaud him for that, the reason Im not thrilled is because he only did so after doubling the amount in there. Effectivley making the current amount of troops in there more than when bush left.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/.../american-forces-in-afghanistan-and-iraq.html

This chart shows that obama has steadily declined troops in iraq, and after june of 2011 we no longer have troops stationed there. Whether or not we still have a military presence is unknown, but im sure we have some people stationed there to keep the peace and assist their own law enforcement. It also shows that we have much more troops in Afghanistan now than we did with bush.

Last edited:

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Using dead heroes to prove a point is very low, even for liberals.

I'm not a liberal, and what's truly "low" is whitewashing history by saying the Bush years were hunky dory, ignoring those heroes' needless sacrifices.

If people want to spew obvious BS about how "great" the Bush years were, you're damned right I will be bringing up the coffins and bodybags. Reality hurts -- too bad.

Last edited:

Schmide

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2002

My rebuttles.

The memo said "bin laden determined to strike in us"

There were no images of coffins under Bushie it was better to hide them.

Scott Brown is doing a hell of a job, all those horse shows really paid off.

Ok I have nothing for this.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Unemployment low, wages and net worth much higher than today, overall everybody was much more happy and secure about their own personal future and America's.

Then enter Obama, and now look where we're at. Complete misery.

Yea, it all magically went to shit just when Obama took over. Man, that's some good shit.

Nov 29, 2006

Then enter Obama, and now look where we're at. Complete misery.

LOL Seriously what alternate time line of the US are you from? That is so far from reality its funny.

Naeeldar

Aug 20, 2001
Using dead heroes to prove a point is very low, even for liberals. But a good point it is, if both bushes had stayed out of the middle east we wouldnt be having as many problems as we are today, we need to let them handle their own problems. The entire housing bubble was predicted and could have been avoided, ill keep my conspiracy theories out of this since I have no concrete evidence to back them up, it was just greed that made the bubble pop. Do I think we are better off today than we were 4 years ago? Not even close, is it ALL obamas fault? No, not even close. It is still partially his fault for not doing jack shit about anything, yet I do believe bush has set him up for failure. Another 4 years of obama is not the answer though. I will be voting Romney this year, not because I believe he is the answer, but because obama has already proven that he ISNT the answer. I also dont like obamas shady background, If I knew a little more about his history I might be inclined to vote for him, but since I cant trust him he wont be seeing my vote.

Back to the war in the middle east, obama has taken many troops home, I can almost applaud him for that, the reason Im not thrilled is because he only did so after doubling the amount in there. Effectivley making the current amount of troops in there more than when bush left.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/.../american-forces-in-afghanistan-and-iraq.html

This chart shows that obama has steadily declined troops in iraq, and after june of 2011 we no longer have troops stationed there. Whether or not we still have a military presence is unknown, but im sure we have some people stationed there to keep the peace and assist their own law enforcement. It also shows that we have much more troops in Afghanistan now than we did with bush.

Lot of truth in this post. The fact of the matter is the housing bubble goes make decades under a bunch of different regulations that all lead up the biggest housing bust ever. They tend to follow a boom/bust cycle anyway but we had a perfect storm to create an absolutely nightmare. Everything from low rates, affordable housing acts, weak lending requireements, and then the selling of bulk mortgages which was extremely bad when you consider that had no checks and balances of any kind. Anyway if anybody honestly thinks you can point to any single president, any single congress, or any single party to lay the blame of the current economic situation on - they are FLAT OUT NUTS. Both parties created this and both parties are not helping to fix it. The fact of the matter is we need to raise taxes in some areas and cut spending in ohters. The problem is nobody can agree. the sad thing is a true 3 party system would probably avoid situations like this since everybody would have to play nice and work with others....

BTW to the OP. What levle of income do you categorize the middle class? I've seen your posts on offtopic about taxes and apparently anybody getting taxed 1500 or more a month is a 1% which is insane.

Nov 29, 2006
Are there seriously any intelligent conservative posters left on this forum? This is pathetic.

I personally think Anarchist420 is intelligent even though he tends to talk about stuff most dont care to talk about. Articles of Confederation etc. But at least he thinks lol

But in general..the answer is 'no' to your question :)

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
I'm not a liberal, and what's truly "low" is whitewashing history by saying the Bush years were hunky dory, ignoring those heroes' needless sacrifices.

If people want to spew obvious BS about how "great" the Bush years were, you're damned right I will be bringing up the coffins and bodybags. Reality hurts -- too bad.

Youre right, my post was commemorating bush and talking about how great he was. You read through my lies.

That video gets me every time, its a shame that Im voting for a party that does exactly what the video depicts. Maybe not as blatently, but conservatives love to put a good spin on things to make us look better. Not that liberals dont do the exact same thing, its not tied to only the republican party, all politicians do it.

Last edited:

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
someone's figured out font sizes.....

As for spidey07's post, if he's longing for Bush's days he must be profusely yearning for and begging for Clinton's days.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Youre right, my post was commemorating bush and talking about how great he was. You read through my lies.

You replied criticizing the photos I posted, which were in response to someone commemorating Bush and talking about how great he was. Remember?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Only Bush's last year was an economic disaster and Bush didn't cause the housing market crash.

All economic indicators were great till then.

Oh my god

You and Spidey have and are doing the same drugs together.

You guys should take at least one page from the liberal book and have the decency to share that potent stuff.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
You replied criticizing the photos I posted, which were in response to someone commemorating Bush and talking about how great he was. Remember?

I remember criticizing your photos in the first sentence, but I never mentioned anything about how I wanted bush back or how I thought he was great. If by replying to you you think that I was trying to promote bush then wouldnt you be in the same position of supporting bush? You are after all replying to me, that is assuming your logic is sound............which it isnt.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
LOL Seriously what alternate time line of the US are you from? That is so far from reality its funny.

What alternate reality are you living in?

Here's a quick easy one showing people's net worth and income were indeed higher under bush. It's a simple fact that American's were much better off with Bush than with Obama. The fact remains that Obama has made life miserable for Americans, that's what he wants, that's his goal.

Unemployment can speak for itself.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/06/11/news/economy/fed-family-net-worth/index.htm

chart-family-income.top.gif

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
I remember criticizing your photos in the first sentence, but I never mentioned anything about how I wanted bush back or how I thought he was great. If by replying to you you think that I was trying to promote bush then wouldnt you be in the same position of supporting bush? You are after all replying to me, that is assuming your logic is sound............which it isnt.

I... don't even know how to parse that.

Let's review.

Spidey07 said, about the Bush years: "Unemployment low, wages and net worth much higher than today, overall everybody was much more happy and secure about their own personal future and America's."

I replied with my photos showing some of Bush's more monumental screw-ups and disasters.

You replied saying: "Using dead heroes to prove a point is very low, even for liberals."

And I responded to that saying: "I'm not a liberal, and what's truly "low" is whitewashing history by saying the Bush years were hunky dory, ignoring those heroes' needless sacrifices. If people want to spew obvious BS about how "great" the Bush years were, you're damned right I will be bringing up the coffins and bodybags. Reality hurts -- too bad."

You then replied with: "Youre right, my post was commemorating bush and talking about how great he was. You read through my lies."

I think the last part is where you get a bit confused.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
I... don't even know how to parse that.

Let's review.

Spidey07 said, about the Bush years: "Unemployment low, wages and net worth much higher than today, overall everybody was much more happy and secure about their own personal future and America's."

I replied with my photos showing some of Bush's more monumental screw-ups and disasters.

You replied saying: "Using dead heroes to prove a point is very low, even for liberals."

And I responded to that saying: "I'm not a liberal, and what's truly "low" is whitewashing history by saying the Bush years were hunky dory, ignoring those heroes' needless sacrifices. If people want to spew obvious BS about how "great" the Bush years were, you're damned right I will be bringing up the coffins and bodybags. Reality hurts -- too bad."

You then replied with: "Youre right, my post was commemorating bush and talking about how great he was. You read through my lies."

I think the last part is where you get a bit confused.

How so? You tried to take a minute portion of my reply and twist it into me supporting bush, which by the same logic, you would be a bush supporter. Because the whole basis of your claim was that I replied to you replying to a bush supporter, in this instance you replied directly to a "bush supporter", making you the very thing you presumably dislike.

Last edited:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
On the day Barack Obama was inaugurated the S&P 500 was at around 840. Today it's at 1,404. Where's that higher net worth under Bush?

Just to be clear I'm not trying to give Obama credit for most of that. Unlike you and other hyper-partisan retards I understand that most of what happens with the economy is beyond the president's control.

Countries debt went up 50% also.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
What alternate reality are you living in?

Here's a quick easy one showing people's net worth and income were indeed higher under bush. It's a simple fact that American's were much better off with Bush than with Obama. The fact remains that Obama has made life miserable for Americans, that's what he wants, that's his goal.

Unemployment can speak for itself.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/06/11/news/economy/fed-family-net-worth/index.htm

chart-family-income.top.gif

Holy shit! Our lives were better right before the crash than they were right after the crash!!!

SON OF A BITCH IM VOTING REPUBLICAN.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Holy shit! Our lives were better right before the crash than they were right after the crash!!!

SON OF A BITCH IM VOTING REPUBLICAN.

Net worth, income and employment have STEADILY declined since Obama took office. People were much better off during Bush than Obama. That's a fact.

Let the democrats make this case, have them say "Yeah, you'll go back to the times where your made more, unemployment was low and your net worth was much higher if you follow Romney's plans!"

Yeah, let them say that. Let Americans think back to their better days, better days of the country and say "Compared to Obama, that was pretty dang good, fuck this president".

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Net worth, income and employment have STEADILY declined since Obama took office. People were much better off during Bush than Obama. That's a fact.

Let the democrats make this case, have them say "Yeah, you'll go back to the times where your made more, unemployment was low and your net worth was much higher if you follow Romney's plans!"

Yeah, let them say that.

I believe the crash happened late 2008, which was bushes exit from the whitehouse. So obama would appear to be the face of the problem, but in reality it was a culmination of many factors that are out of the presidents control and blaming any sole person is foolish to say the least.