Middle Class vs. the 1%: It’s About to Get Really Ugly

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
9-5-2012

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/middle-class-vs-1-really-ugly-141135691.html

"It's going to be about a clear choice," says Mills. He predicts the tone will be, "we [the Democrats] are the choice of the middle class, Romney is the choice of business and the rich. And if you give him the keys, this is going to go back to the failed economic policies that brought us to the brink in the first place; it is Bush economics on steroids."

That message is right in line with the 2012 Democratic National Platform. Here's one of the first paragraphs from the 40-page document.

The Republican Party has turned its back on the middle class Americans who built this country. Our opponents believe we should go back to the top-down economic policies of the last decade. They think that if we simply eliminate protections for families and consumers, let Wall Street write its own rules again, and cut taxes for the wealthiest, the market will solve all our problems on its own.

They argue that if we help corporations and wealthy investors maximize their profits by whatever means necessary, whether through layoffs or outsourcing, it will automatically translate into jobs and prosperity that benefits us all.

They would repeal health reform, turn Medicare into a voucher program, and follow the same path of fiscal irresponsibility of the past administration — giving trillions of dollars in tax cuts weighted towards millionaires and billionaires while sticking the middle class with the bill.

But we've tried their policies — and we've all suffered when they failed.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
People are longing for the good times of Bush. They would love to go back to the economy under his leadership vs. the proven destruction of our country, economy and industry with Obama.

Are you better off since Obama took office? Overwhelmingly people say NO. Not since Carter have we seen the misery index so high, and people's hope for the future so low.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
A lot of talk but no action seen yet by the actual 99%

Who is the 99%? And why are you angry at 1% of the population? Why not 2%, surely they still have more money that the 98%. Why not just get pissed at the 51%, they still have a majority, yet that opens millions of more wallets for you to steal from.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
People are longing for the good times of Bush.

Yeah, 9/11/01 was a real blast.

I also enjoyed seeing those 4,000+ extra bodybags coming back on transports for a war based on lies.

And who could forget dessert -- a lovely financial crash?

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011

I also enjoyed seeing those 4,000+ extra bodybags coming back on transports for a war based on lies.

I keep asking this and no one will reply: What lies?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
So just continue the lie that Bush economics caused the housing market crash. Bush & Romney are one in the same so that means Romney = another crash.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

That's the 3rd reference I have seen you make that 9/11 was Bush's fault.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
9-5-2012

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/middle-class-vs-1-really-ugly-141135691.html

"It's going to be about a clear choice," says Mills. He predicts the tone will be, "we [the Democrats] are the choice of the middle class, Romney is the choice of business and the rich. And if you give him the keys, this is going to go back to the failed economic policies that brought us to the brink in the first place; it is Bush economics on steroids."

That message is right in line with the 2012 Democratic National Platform. Here's one of the first paragraphs from the 40-page document.

The Republican Party has turned its back on the middle class Americans who built this country. Our opponents believe we should go back to the top-down economic policies of the last decade. They think that if we simply eliminate protections for families and consumers, let Wall Street write its own rules again, and cut taxes for the wealthiest, the market will solve all our problems on its own.

They argue that if we help corporations and wealthy investors maximize their profits by whatever means necessary, whether through layoffs or outsourcing, it will automatically translate into jobs and prosperity that benefits us all.

They would repeal health reform, turn Medicare into a voucher program, and follow the same path of fiscal irresponsibility of the past administration — giving trillions of dollars in tax cuts weighted towards millionaires and billionaires while sticking the middle class with the bill.

But we've tried their policies — and we've all suffered when they failed.

1 point I dont like in that article. America was not built on the middle class until the 1900s. America was built on the farmers and slave laborers at first.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
people are longing for the good times of bush. they would love to go back to the economy under his leadership vs. The proven destruction of our country, economy and industry with obama.

Are you better off since obama took office? Overwhelmingly people say no. Not since carter have we seen the misery index so high, and people's hope for the future so low.

ahahahahahahaahahhahaahahahhahahahahaahhaha

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
ObamaCare could use whatever drugs you are on.

That's some grade A shit right there.

Unemployment low, wages and net worth much higher than today, overall everybody was much more happy and secure about their own personal future and America's.

Then enter Obama, and now look where we're at. Complete misery.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Who is the 99%? And why are you angry at 1% of the population? Why not 2%, surely they still have more money that the 98%. Why not just get pissed at the 51%, they still have a majority, yet that opens millions of more wallets for you to steal from.

The OP is a bigot. He keeps spewing hatred against an entire group of people based on some absurd notion that he had of how they all lied and cheated their way to the top. It's pretty disgusting & hateful behavior.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally Posted by CharlesKozierok

I keep asking this and no one will reply: What lies?

How old are you 10?

Bush, Cheney, Powell, the whole Republican Regime spewing garbage that Saddam had WMD and was going to use it on the U.S.

It was all lies for the oil.

It's the reason this forum exist to begin with.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Unemployment low, wages and net worth much higher than today, overall everybody was much more happy and secure about their own personal future and America's.

You're retarded. My 401k took a HUGE ass hit under bush. My investments have done MUCH better under Obama. I also pay lower taxes under Obama. You drooling fucking retard.

And lets not forget the economy exploded under bush, and most people STILL (correctly) blame bush for our current economic struggles. Of course some of it should be assigned to the current republicans who are blocking obama's economic reforms.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally Posted by dmcowen674
ObamaCare could use whatever drugs you are on.

That's some grade A shit right there.

Keep spewing the grade A bullshit, it's hysterical and sad for you at the same time.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
People are longing for the good times of Bush.

Good times? I guess maybe the first year he was in office shit was still decent. but years 2-8 were a complete fucking economic disaster.

Do you not remember what was going on before 2008? lol :)

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006

On the day Barack Obama was inaugurated the S&P 500 was at around 840. Today it's at 1,404. Where's that higher net worth under Bush?

Just to be clear I'm not trying to give Obama credit for most of that. Unlike you and other hyper-partisan retards I understand that most of what happens with the economy is beyond the president's control.

Last edited:

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Good times? I guess maybe the first year he was in office shit was still decent. but years 2-8 were a complete fucking economic disaster.

Things were MUCH better then than today under Obama's failed disastrous policies, and that's a fact.

I would love for democrats to try to sell this message and people are better off today during Obama's term than in the 2000s. It would be completely against everybody's own economic reality.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000

You must officially be fucking retarded.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

That's simply not true. Only Bush's last year was an economic disaster and Bush didn't cause the housing market crash. All economic indicators were great till then.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Things were MUCH better then than today under Obama's failed disastrous policies, and that's a fact.

I would love for democrats to try to sell this message and people are better off today during Obama's term than in the 2000s. It would be completely against everybody's own economic reality.

HEY SHIT FOR BRAINS, YES YOU SPIDEY. Americans blame bush more than Obama for today's economy, you stupid motherfucker

Americans Still Blame Bush More Than Obama for Bad Economy
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155177/Americans-Blame-Bush-Obama-Bad-Economy.aspx

Edited to remove the huge font. That was a bit over-the-top. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator: