Microsoft's biggest conspiracy

VBboy

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2000
I have been away for a while... But my probation officer says I'm allowed to go online now, so here goes :)

Microsoft has been releasing buggy software intentionally. They have more than enough resources to prevent any bugs or security holes from ever slipping into their products, let alone to completely fix and patch all the problems after the product is released. However, they didn't want to. WHY?

Because now they are trying to enter the ANTIVIRUS, FIREWALL, and GENERAL SECURITY markets. They can easily develop and bundle these products with Windows and squeeze out their competitors (Norton, McAfee, ZoneLabs). Sue them? But why, the users were demanding higher security, so we delivered.

People have been playing into their trap since the beginning. Oh, bad Microsoft, I want more security, fewer flaws and holes. Well, here you go, now MsAntivirii, MsFirewall, and MsShield will come "free" with the OS.

MsAntivirii will work on the file-system level. It will be faster and more reliable (and more frequently updated) than Norton or any other antivirus. Just like IE was faster and slimmer than Netscape. And now, Microsoft will have the most secure OS on the market.

Wave to Norton and others, going the way of Netscape.

Review of SP2 security features

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Wow, that is the worst theory i have heard today (actually, it's the first one, but if I heard another, I doubt it would be worse than yours)

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: VBboy
I have been away for a while... But my probation officer says I'm allowed to go online now, so here goes :)

This is your probation officer. You are no longer allowed online.

VBboy

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2000
Ah, good old Anandtech bashing! I thought some of you read a book on how to make friends while others just got some manners, plain and simple... Hmm, better take my philosophical discussions to Arse Technica or one of those places.

FreshPrince

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2001
you all bach him...but but but, how do you explain the rising amount of viruses, after M$ announced that they're putting in anti-virus with windows?

It's the anti-virus guys trying to spead mass panic to use their products and become reliant of them so that when M$ comes out with their own version, people would still buy other av products because they became too dependant of them.

rolleye.gif

WHipLAsh13

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2001
The other thing is I believe that the firewall and antivirus that they are using is Mcafee's just like the built in burning features of XP are Roxio's engine. So its not like others are helping them out.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Ah, good old Anandtech bashing! I thought some of you read a book on how to make friends while others just got some manners, plain and simple... Hmm, better take my biased flame bait to Arse Technica or one of those places.

Corrected your post.

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
Ah, good old Anandtech bashing! I thought some of you read a book on how to make friends while others just got some manners, plain and simple... Hmm, better take my philosophical discussions to Arse Technica or one of those places.

This is discussion. If you think this qualifies as "philosophical discussion" then you'd better put back on the foil beanie and step away from the computer.

-geoff

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Microsoft has been releasing buggy software intentionally. They have more than enough resources to prevent any bugs or security holes from ever slipping into their products, let alone to completely fix and patch all the problems after the product is released. However, they didn't want to. WHY?

Because now they are trying to enter the ANTIVIRUS, FIREWALL, and GENERAL SECURITY markets. They can easily develop and bundle these products with Windows and squeeze out their competitors (Norton, McAfee, ZoneLabs). Sue them? But why, the users were demanding higher security, so we delivered.

People have been playing into their trap since the beginning. Oh, bad Microsoft, I want more security, fewer flaws and holes. Well, here you go, now MsAntivirii, MsFirewall, and MsShield will come "free" with the OS.

MsAntivirii will work on the file-system level. It will be faster and more reliable (and more frequently updated) than Norton or any other antivirus. Just like IE was faster and slimmer than Netscape. And now, Microsoft will have the most secure OS on the market.

Wave to Norton and others, going the way of Netscape.

Back this up please.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Dude, they've BEEN in these markets.
If they made the PC safer to begin with, M$ would be well off, and it would be the likes of Norton who had problems.