News Microsoft purchases Bethesda Softworks in industry-changing acquisition

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001

I can’t find where I read that. It may have been a mistake to be honest. Maybe wishful thinking someone posted elsewhere. Honestly couldn’t tell you.

I figured that current projects would remain on schedule for whatever platform they were slated for but future releases could be in doubt when this news hit.

Dranoche

Jul 6, 2009
Microsoft's recent stance of not caring where you play their games, just as long as you're playing them, and their track record the last few years of not overtly interfering with the developers they pick up makes me think there shouldn't be too much to worry about. In-development games will almost certainly launch on every system they initially intended to, and long-running series like Elder Scrolls will probably get releases everywhere, possibly with timed exclusivity on Xbox and PC.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I believe the remarks were that all contractual obligations will be met. If I remember correctly, this refers to how Bethesda has two games in the works for the PlayStation and both of those will remain PlayStation games.