Question Microsoft’s Chromium Edge is getting Vertical Tabs, Smart Copy, and Password Monitor

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
in chrome, i see a setting for 'Warn if passwords are exposed in a data breach."

How do i access the 'password monitor' setting in Edge?
or is it always on and there's no user options?

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
in chrome, i see a setting for 'Warn if passwords are exposed in a data breach."

How do i access the 'password monitor' setting in Edge?
or is it always on and there's no user options?

That is an Edge feature that is coming but isn't released yet. It is described in the above article as being similar to what Firefox does.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
That is an Edge feature that is coming but isn't released yet. It is described in the above article as being similar to what Firefox does.
ahh.. hopefully it's not like Chrome where i have to log into my google acct before it can become active.

no thanx google.. i dont want you tracking me.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
hm.. is font size setting not working in Edge?

i've set to both Large and Very Large and nothing seems bigger. (i closed Edge and re-opened it.)

i had to set zoom to 110% but it makes everything bigger. :(

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Open a tab on a page in Edge, then open a second tab and enter the following URL and hit enter:

edge://settings/fonts

Use the font size slider bar to change the size to your preference. By doing it this way you can click back to the first tab and observe the difference in the fonts on the page to make sure you like it.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Open a tab on a page in Edge, then open a second tab and enter the following URL and hit enter:

edge://settings/fonts

Use the font size slider bar to change the size to your preference. By doing it this way you can click back to the first tab and observe the difference in the fonts on the page to make sure you like it.
thx.
apparently the Large and Very Large settings work since the fonts on Anandtech appeared larger.

it's this page that stays the same:

so i have to stay at 110% :(

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Always kind of blows my mind that we've had widescreens for 10+ years and all UI elements are stacked up vertically. Firefox Tree style tabs extension is basically the number one reason I am uninterested in other browsers.

TitusTroy

Dec 17, 2005
I use a separate DNS server but in Chrome and Chromium Edge browser they now have this setting: 'Use secure DNS to specify how to lookup the network address for websites'

you can choose a service provider among a bunch of them like OpenDNS, NextDNS, Quad9 etc...but what's the difference between enabling this setting versus choosing a DNS Server in the OS Control Panel Network Settings?...do I need to enable both and do they need to be the same DNS server for both?

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I use a separate DNS server but in Chrome and Chromium Edge browser they now have this setting: 'Use secure DNS to specify how to lookup the network address for websites'

you can choose a service provider among a bunch of them like OpenDNS, NextDNS, Quad9 etc...but what's the difference between enabling this setting versus choosing a DNS Server in the OS Control Panel Network Settings?...do I need to enable both and do they need to be the same DNS server for both?
Could it be 'DNS over HTTPS' you are talking about? https://www.ghacks.net/2020/05/20/chrome-83-rollout-of-dns-over-https-secure-dns-begins/

I have DNS setup in my router so no idea if setting it up in a browser or OS would supersede the router. I've always wondered about that question myself.

Reactions: TitusTroy

TitusTroy

Dec 17, 2005
Could it be 'DNS over HTTPS' you are talking about? https://www.ghacks.net/2020/05/20/chrome-83-rollout-of-dns-over-https-secure-dns-begins/

I have DNS setup in my router so no idea if setting it up in a browser or OS would supersede the router. I've always wondered about that question myself.

yup that sounds like what it is- Secure DNS...that article seemed to answer the question- "Google made the decision to implement DNS over HTTPS in Chrome...The company decided that it would not interfere with the existing DNS setup of a system...Instead, it decided that it would use DNS over HTTPS in Chrome if the DNS servers that are set on the system support it. In other words: the DNS settings are not changed"

Reactions: balloonshark