Micro Center Return Policy after 30 days

BluR OcR

Feb 19, 2019
Hi everyone,
a couple months ago I purchased a i7 8700k at my local micro center but now I realize that the product isn't for me. Will micro center allow a full refund or do I have to sell the item on third party sites.

ehume

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2009
Just checked with my daughter last night. She has my old i7 8700k that I got from MC. Since she runs Lightroom I upgraded the memory to 64GB and downgraded the OC from 5.0 to 4.8 GHz all cores, Vcore=1.24V. Runs fine.

Just for my own information, how is the i7=8700k not for you?

Last edited:

chrisjames61

Dec 31, 2013
Hi everyone,
a couple months ago I purchased a i7 8700k at my local micro center but now I realize that the product isn't for me. Will micro center allow a full refund or do I have to sell the item on third party sites.

Wouldn't it be prudent to actually get this info from Microcenter instead of anonymous people in web forums?

Reactions: corkyg and ehume

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Not sure look at their website for return policy or call them

www.microcenter.com

General Return Policy
Desktop / notebook computers, tablets, processors, motherboards, digital cameras, camcorders and projectors, 3D printers, 3D scanners, and CD/DVD duplicators may be returned within 15 days of purchase. All other products may be returned within 30 days of purchase. Merchandise must be in new condition, with original carton / UPC, and all packaging / accessories / materials. If you need to return software, a game or a movie, remember that you may not retain any copies — it’s not legal, and it’s not nice.