Michelle Obama thinks being America’s First Lady is ‘hell’

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I can tell you, however, that that the last think I see at night when I close my eyes is your Avatar. Um Um Uuuuuuum! I bet you have a tight little butt.

lol
You flatter me, and my butt may be tight, but its flatter then a washboard. ;)

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Looks like this is not sticking. It wasn't really newsworthy anyway.

Author of Carla Bruni book defends sources
By JENNY BARCHFIELD (AP) – 2 hours ago

PARIS — The co-author of a new book about French first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy defended his sources Friday amid a media buzz over a passage that cites Michelle Obama as calling life in the White House "hell."

Mrs. Obama's spokeswoman has denied the first lady said such a thing, and a spokesman at the French Embassy in Washington said Bruni-Sarkozy "distances herself completely" from the book, which appeared in French bookstores on Thursday.

The unauthorized book, called "Carla et les ambitieux," or "Carla and the Ambitious Ones," describes the scene of a March dinner at the White House, during which the two first ladies were purported to have had a conversation in English in which they compared notes on their experiences as wives of presidents.

The book claims Mrs. Obama said, "Don't even talk to me about it, it's hell. I can't stand it."

Author Yves Derai stood by the explosive dialogue, insisting it was based on interviews with "reliable sources" — though he declined to name them, in accordance, he said, with his journalistic principles.

"In France, we have something called the 'protection of sources,' so I'm not repeating what Carla or others told me," Derai told The Associated Press in an interview Friday. "We've put in the book the narratives and the information that we verified and compiled and we totally assume responsibility for it as independent journalists."

Derai said he had interviewed about 50 people for the book and that Bruni-Sarkozy herself accorded the co-authors several interviews totaling about 10 hours. But he stressed the book was by no means an "official biography."

The French first lady "didn't read it (before publication) nor did she have the right to correct or vet it," said Derai, an investigative journalist who co-authored the book along with a Michael Darmon, a political journalist for France-2 television.

Derai acknowledged the French word used in the passage, "enfer," might not precisely correspond directly with the English word "hell."

"I don't know, maybe translated into English, hell is Dante's Inferno where they burn sinners, but in French it's really a rather common expression to say that sometimes it's just 'a real drag,'" Derai explained. He did not say what the original word allegedly pronounced by Mrs. Obama was.

"Carla and the Ambitious Ones" is the second book published this week on Bruni-Sarkozy, an Italian-born heiress and former supermodel turned singer known for her romantic liaisons with rich and famous men including rock icons Eric Clapton and Mick Jagger.

"Carla: A Secret Life," which came out Wednesday, chronicles her life from her lonesome childhood in Turin, Italy, through her years on the catwalk through her functions as French first lady.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jdOTka8yL70Up6x3rdVvyqmKY3ZAD9I9N1080

lol
You flatter me, and my butt may be tight, but its flatter then a washboard. ;)

You guys need to take this to L&R. :)

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
I agree having her as first lady is hell..... Mrs. Big Thighs is talking about over eating...

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Oh tempest in a tea pot, thy name be pjabber! Chaos, death and destruction brought to us by the OP, though the majority's opinion is more like straining at a gnat?

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
This is the worst website I've ever seen in my entire life. As soon as it loaded, it started playing 3 youtube videos at the same time. Why would anyone think automatically playing 3 videos was a good idea!?!?

People who think they are great at multitasking, but really are horrible at it. ;)

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
I guess we should have all pointed out how Laura Bush killed someone with her car. See how stupid and petty this is?

How is that even remotely related to what I said about Mrs. Obama? But honestly the left can't say shit on killing people and being a political leader..