michael moore to partner with disney to make a bush bashing documentary

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Hey, if they are lies, Moore will be discredited, but if he unearths some truth, I am all for it. If Bush is dirty, and someone exposes him, would you still support him just because he's the president? Why are people so afraid of the truth? If he's got nothing to hide, he has nothing to worry about.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I would be honored to be bashed by Michael Moore. Hell, I only get bashed by my wife and once in a while the neighbor kids, but if Moore and Disney decided I was worthy of a team bashing by them...oh the joy. :D

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Carbonyl
Man I can'r wait to see if this materializes. We all know the Bush family helped fianced Hitler right? Was even convicted of it.

Bush Property Seized--Under the Trading with the Enemy Act

[/Hank Williams Jr] It's a family tradition [/Hank Williams Jr]:music:

You're sing off key there boy, but keep trying. Some day you might get the notes right and make some harmony. Right now you are sounding rather shrill.

Was President Bush's great-grandfather a Nazi?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: etech
Man I can'r wait to see if this materializes. We all know the Bush family helped fianced Hitler right? Was even convicted of it.

You're sing off key there boy, but keep trying. Some day you might get the notes right and make some harmony. Right now you are sounding rather shrill.

Did you read the article? It suggests there is some basis for this charge.

Having said that, and as someone who is highly critical of Bush, I don't think it matters one bit. You can't hold Bush responsible for the business activities of his grandfather. I think there's plenty of cause to damn Bush on his own actions and flaws; it's just petty to pick on him for stuff like that.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
it's just petty to pick on him for stuff like that.

You're singing to the choir but don't tell the other Carusos. The live for the rumor, the hint of mud from generations ago. It's keeps them going, their keyboards worn and stock price of Alcoa rising.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

BOY? Well if that's the case, my little bitch; I have never seen such meticulous research, including U.S. government records from the era, along news stories from the New York Times and other papers to present a story so convincingly. Yaya YET ANOTHER CONSIPIRACY ABOUT BUSH RIGHT.;) Your dude even admits it just agrues about time frame. Fine the fact remains he was a Nazi supporter. Nothing new though for the Bushs who are spporters of eugenics anyway.Here

Hers's a conspiracy for you though.
My Sunday prediction: Dove Colin Powell will be discovered to have infidelity problems and no longer be secretary of State.
(you heard it here first):)

KenGr

Aug 22, 2002
No surprise about Disney getting involved here. This is a sure fire money maker and Moore isn't going to complain about capitalism when it feeds his ego and his bank account.

The cost to make this will be tiny. No actors to pay. Use stock news footage and edit to create the message. No expense required for fact checking. Operating costs to keep the big boy in junk food and you're off to the box office. Market it based on his "documentary" awards. (How many in Hollywood have ever seen a documentary other than Moore's?)

If they can con 100,000 people into buying tickets, this thing is in the black. And if Disney can get political funding, it may make money before it even hits the screens. Striesand might front the whole thing.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
I'm willing to put money on Powell not being around if we're all dumb enough to let Bush and Co. rule this country for another four years. And if grandaddy Bush supported the Nazi's, Curious George Bush supports Ashcroft, so you don't need to bother diggin up old dirt, it just serves to point out the trend.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Gaard
I would be honored to be bashed by Michael Moore. Hell, I only get bashed by my wife and once in a while the neighbor kids, but if Moore and Disney decided I was worthy of a team bashing by them...oh the joy. :D

Lol.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: LilBlinbBlahIce
I'm willing to put money on Powell not being around if we're all dumb enough to let Bush and Co. rule this country for another four years. And if grandaddy Bush supported the Nazi's, Curious George Bush supports Ashcroft, so you don't need to bother diggin up old dirt, it just serves to point out the trend.

Nice open mind you've got there.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Oh please, you must expound on that. What trend does it point out?

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: JudistPriest
wtf

i hate mike moore
Hooray!!! Disney that bastion of morals and historical accuracy is funding a movie about the current President. I wonder why they never funded one about Clinton's shenanigans. Lot of people in SE Oklahoma/SW Arkansas can lead you to some interesting places that Billy Boy was involved in. I should probably shut up now before I end up "disappearing" down in the mountains in that area.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Didn't the Kennedy family have similar links to Nazi Germany? They also ran booze during Prohibition. So frickin' what, it doesn't change the fact that JFK was a great man.

cpumaster

Dec 10, 2000

You're singing to the choir but don't tell the other Carusos. The live for the rumor, the hint of mud from generations ago. It's keeps them going, their keyboards worn and stock price of Alcoa rising.

yeah, why punish the grandson for the sin (ambiguous even) of the granpa...
if we want to judge should be based on Bush current action, which doesn't look too good...
at least grandpa didn't start a war based on lie...

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
An insect like Michael Moore is nothing but a drain on society. Talk about money that could be better spent on the homeless, to use a liberal line.

I saw him once on BBC debating Geoffrey Hoon, and Moore was a complete ass, to the point where even those in the audience that agreed with his overall stance (believe it was Iraq related, been awhile) were disgusted by his antics. Hoon remained perfectly staid throughout, which made Moore look all the worse. Of course, he can make himself look like an assclown without any help whatsoever -- anyone catch the Academy Awards?
rolleye.gif

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
if moore is an insect, then the bush family are locusts and maggots just eating this country dry.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Hey, if they are lies, Moore will be discredited, but if he unearths some truth, I am all for it. If Bush is dirty, and someone exposes him, would you still support him just because he's the president? Why are people so afraid of the truth? If he's got nothing to hide, he has nothing to worry about.

he might find some truth in something but he'll then twist it so that it resembles reality as much as an episode of survivor

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: cpumaster

yeah, why punish the grandson for the sin (ambiguous even) of the granpa...
if we want to judge should be based on Bush current action, which doesn't look too good...
at least grandpa didn't start a war based on lie...

What lie was that?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
The greatest joke ever:

"Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised."

- US President George W. Bush

Yes, it definitely looks like those drawings of the mobile bio labs powell submitted to the UN were total fabrications...Just like the terrorist camp designed to teach WMD use...

were you asleep when they found those? There is a joke in this, but I don't think you quite get it, lol....

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: X-Man

Didn't the Kennedy family have similar links to Nazi Germany? They also ran booze during Prohibition. So frickin' what, it doesn't change the fact that JFK was a great man.

Yeah JFK's old man Joseph was rumored to be a Nazi Sympathizer. Of course being of Irish decent he probably was more supportive of the Nazi's giving the Brits what for. Keep in mind that the heir apperant and groomed for the Presidency, Joe jr, died on a secret air mission against the Krauts.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
What lie was that?

The problem here is that a substantial portion of the population (and this forum) is functionally illiterate. They don't understand the definitions of relatively simple words. Take "lie" for example:

In the absence of the discovery of large caches of Iraqi WMD, the rabid Bush haters immediately start shouting "lie!", as if they have some form of ESP and can read the minds of Bush and his staff.

lie2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (l)
n.
A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.

I'm gonna remain skeptical of the reactionary Bush hater's clairvoyance with regard to this supposed "lie". If no WMD are ultimately found my opinion will simply be that this war was based upon erroneous assumptions by the Bush administration, absent any substantial proof of intentional deception.