Michael Moore faces US Treasury Probe

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
His new movie "Sicko" comes out June 19. Why would MM even need to pay for advertising with free govt advertising like this?
Link

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Gotta love it- "Free, Freedom and Liberty!" but you can't go to Cuba...

But the wingnuts'll think it's great, because it's Moore getting his chops popped...

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
There's been a travel embargo to Cuba for years. Moore should have known better; Furthermore, he should have applied for the required license and got approval before his little publicity stunt.

I hope they fine him real good. It's a travesty the money that clown has made off lies.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I'm surprised it took them this long to get something on Moore... and of all things, something as trivial as this.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Pabster
I hope they fine him real good. It's a travesty the money that clown has made off lies.

Perhaps, but i see you don't put much value on American soldiers lives. That's a much bigger travesty in my eyes.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Looney
Perhaps, but i see you don't put much value on American soldiers lives. That's a much bigger travesty in my eyes.

And what crystal ball did you use to make that ASSumption?

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000

Basic inference. If there's a travesty here, it's what this administration has done to this country and the world, and you would be much more outraged over that than any money made off some 'lies' by a Hollywood filmmaker.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006

No crystal ball needed, just two eyes, two ears, and a functioning brain. Lies were told about Iraq, not only did you believed it all, you even defend it today. Yet something as trivial as this and you start talking about lies? Where are your priorities?

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Apparently some consider breaking a travel embargo to be a "minor offense".

Two wrongs don't make a right. Your feelings about the Iraq war have nothing to do with this situation.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Apparently some consider breaking a travel embargo to be a "minor offense".

Two wrongs don't make a right. Your feelings about the Iraq war have nothing to do with this situation.

But they do. Nothing exists in a vacuum and people compare things to each other all the time. You seemed more outraged over michael moore than george bush over the lies he told us all about iraq. I ask you again, what are your priorities?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
So you are saying that because Bush did something, unless Moore does something as drastic, he does not have to be accountable for knowingly breaking the law?

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
So you are saying that because Bush did something, unless Moore does something as drastic, he does not have to be accountable for knowingly breaking the law?

Of course he should be held accountable. But this is the same individual that will defend President Bush. The President is just awful in every way possible and he defends him. In 2000, with a healthy economy and the Cold War at our backs, America took a gamble and lost badly. He's a huge spender, squanderer, and liar and people will still defend him.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper

It's a stupid law.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
As much money as the trillions of dollars of debt for this WAR OF LIES that our great grandchildren will still be paying off long after we're all gone from this planet? :roll:

As much of a lie as "The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." :shocked:

As much of a travesty as 3,382 (as of today) dead and tens of thousands of wounded, scarred and disabled Americans in a war based entirely on LIES?
rose.gif
:(
rose.gif

Get real! :thumbsdown: :frown: :thumbsdown:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Once again, the right seems to believe it's good to do business with communist countries like China and vietnam, but BAD to do business with a communist country like Cuba...

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Once again, the right seems to believe it's good to do business with communist countries like China and vietnam, but BAD to do business with a communist country like Cuba...

Well this is one "righty" who doesn't see fit to do business with any communist country.

The fact that so many here are apparently fans of Communism makes one ponder...

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Harvey
As much money as the trillions of dollars of debt for this WAR OF LIES that our great grandchildren will still be paying off long after we're all gone from this planet? :roll:

As much of a lie as "The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." :shocked:

As much of a travesty as 3,382 (as of today) dead and tens of thousands of wounded, scarred and disabled Americans in a war based entirely on LIES?
rose.gif
rose.gif

Go back to writing bad music or stay on topic or start another thread. You are boring.

Moore, like anyone who breaks the law, should be held accountable. If that is a fine or jail, so be it.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

Wow, Michael Moore being an idiot to a GWB Iraq thread in 5 posts, nice.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: dphantom

rose.gif
rose.gif

Go back to writing bad music or stay on topic or start another thread. You are boring.
Aww... Id da widdle boy jealous? :p

If you think you can do a better tune, post up a link it, and we'll do a poll about it. If you don't have the balls (let alone the talent) for that, you're always welcome to piss up a rope. :laugh:

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

rose.gif
rose.gif

What does this have to do with Michael Moore? You need some new material.....are you able to stop foaming at the mouth long enough to read the OP and realize that this thread has absolutely nothing to do with Iraq and GWB?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: dphantom

rose.gif
rose.gif

Aww... Id da widdle boy jealous? :p

If you think you can do a better tune, post up a link it, and we'll do a poll about it. If you don't have the balls (let alone the talent) for that, you're always welcome to piss up a rope. :laugh:

Harvey, anytime someone calls you out on your horrid song writing ability you challenge them to write a better song. You remind me of the people on American Idol that are the worst possible singers in the world and when the judges tell them they suck, they challenge them to sing. Just because I might not be a good singer, does not mean that I can't discern a good singer from a bad singer. This is like me telling you to run for President, win, and do a better job than the current President or STFU about GWB. Silly argument isn't it?

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JD50
Harvey, anytime someone calls you out on your horrid song writing ability you challenge them to write a better song.
And if you can't, then stick to trying to refute what I say in my posts, instead of referring to the song.

Your turn to sing one or STFU. :music: :laugh: :music:

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Harvey, anytime someone calls you out on your horrid song writing ability you challenge them to write a better song.
And if you can't, then stick to trying to refute what I sayt in my posts, instead of referring to the song.

Your turn to sing one or STFU. :laugh:

I know I suck at singing, at least I can admit it, you on the other hand....

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
I know I suck at singing, at least I can admit it, you on the other hand....
You suck at posting anything other than adminstration bullsh8, too, but that doesn't seem to stop you. :laugh:

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
He broke the law; I hope he gets fined a bunch. He should be held accountable for his actions.