Michael Douglas accused of masturbating in front of former employee

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Pfft, I got every one of those references. No one beats me at movie line trivia. But you missed the one most relevant to the topic at hand, the one where he plays a man sexually harassed by his female boss.

To be honest, I'm probably not as outraged by this as I should be. First, I'm starting to get numb to all this. I think it might do metoo some good if it goes quiet for a little while before starting up again. Second, I honestly hold entertainers to the a lower standard of sexual propriety because, well, they aren't supposed to be statesmen who represent the people of our state or nation, and also because, frankly, I have low expectations of attractive, rich celebrities when it comes to sexual behavior. No doubt Michael Douglas is a total douche in his private life. He was a known sex addict, screwed hundreds, maybe thousands of women. This sort of behavior occurring amidst a drug and sex fueled lifestyle strikes me as entirely predictable.

I won't boycott an actor's movies over this sort of thing, though. If I boycotted every movie with an actor who had done sexually inappropriate things in his or her life, I've have to give up the movie habit. But I like movies too much, and Michael Douglas has actually made some pretty good ones.

So far the only actor I have deigned low enough to earn a personal boycott is Mel Gibson. But that man is an exception - a paragon of contemptible behavior along almost every possible dimension.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Basic Instinct..... I ALWAYS get those two movies mixed up..... and YES I cheated....

I will always remember Basic Instinct because I went to it with a filthy rich girl. She liked me but I liked a hotter girl. I got neither of them. Her last name was Fetherling but I no longer remember her first name.

Hey cut him some slack. His ex who became his boss sexually harassed him first.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Eaten by a lion?

The Ghost and the Darkness with Val Kilmer. Metaphorically speaking is is probably the best description of his life now.

My favorite movie of his included::I don't want to be your buddy Rick. I just want breakfast.

maxresdefault.jpg

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
One thing this thread made me realize is that Michael Douglas takes a lot of shit in his films, lol.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
You know, a good rule by which to live one's life would be to never mention, post, or think about Michael Douglas masterbating. It's like debating the state of the Cryptkeeper's scrotum; it cannot possibly be good for anyone.

Reactions: DarthKyrie