Miami has no discovered homicides for 7 weeks.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
News says "no homicides".

I say "no discovered homicides".

In any case I am sure it wont matter, as soon as the public is out and about I am betting everything goes back to normal, including murder, rape, and drug deals.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Clickbaity article, but I was wondering about this. We know that reported crimes have gone down since stay-at-home started, but does social distancing mean its harder to detect crimes? Usually it’s family or coworkers calling a welfare check in, but if they can’t see you how would they know to call it in?

I read this yesterday which made me wonder this—guy was arrested for speeding and cops realized it wasn’t his car. They spent a day or two looking for the owner before realizing her body was in the trunk of the car they stopped.

Edit: Murder isn’t the only thing going underreported. My wife is a public health worker, and some of the agencies she deals with are struggling with how to help domestic violence and sexual assault victims when they can’t leave their homes (with their abusers.)

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
And of course we can always count on Americans to act like Americans:

Lying about masks and collecting money. But its gonna be more complicated as its also wire fraud and whatnot.