Metro police in D.C. will be carrying machine guys due to the london thing:confused;

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
I believe it's probably a precaution to make sure nothing similar happens here if it is a terrorist attack.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: monk3y
I believe it's probably a precaution to make sure nothing similar happens here if it is a terrorist attack.

Obviously, but you just know some guy is going to rest it agains't something and shoot up half a dozen people....

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Goosemaster

Obviously, but you just know some guy is going to rest it agains't something and shoot up half a dozen people....

are you serious?

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: TheChort

are you serious?

sarcasm obviously, but machine guns area BIG step. Haven't really seen such a big step before.

Usually they just jam an endlesss stream of officers inside as to squeeze the bad guys to death...

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: TheChort

are you serious?

sarcasm obviously, but machine guns area BIG step. Haven't really seen such a big step before.

Usually they just jam an endlesss stream of officers inside as to squeeze the bad guys to death...

but they are definitely more intimidating.
Frankly I'm a bit surprised myself considering what I felt was a general anti-gun attitude held by most europeans.

But I have seen this before. Last year when i went to london, the customs agent was backed up by two gaurds both holding machine guns

BTW, 22222 posts, not bad. You should take a screen shot :)

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
It's about freakin' time. The cops in Paris carry Uzis, and the French hate guns. Hell, I'm surprised here in the gun-lovin' USA the cops don't all carry RC-90s.

Calin

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
Good they don't carry machine girls.

Now in my army days I only saw once a machine gun. Two soldiers carried it on their shoulders.
You might refering to either submachine guns (like an Uzzi) or assault weapons (or semiautomatic rifles like AR-15)

CrispyFried

Golden Member
May 3, 2005
Thats not too bright unless the cops have very good training. Otherwise the 1st thing they will do in a shootout is fire one huge rip, empty the magazine and be sitting ducks while they reload. Plus theyll likely hit everything BUT the target. Semi auto or at the most 3 round burst is plenty.

Scary.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
im sure they mean assault rifles. There's always two guys in full swat gear standing in front of NYSE.... no big deal

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: CrispyFried
Thats not too bright unless the cops have very good training. Otherwise the 1st thing they will do in a shootout is fire one huge rip, empty the magazine and be sitting ducks while they reload. Plus theyll likely hit everything BUT the target. Semi auto or at the most 3 round burst is plenty.

Scary.
Here come the CS gun experts.
Originally posted by: jndietz
MARTIAL LAW HERE WE COME!!!!!
And the general morons...

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: halik
im sure they mean assault rifles. There's always two guys in full swat gear standing in front of NYSE.... no big deal

You mean someone actually has a gun in NYC and hasn't managed to off someone with it yet? :shocked:

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
I find it hard to believe that they would be carrying anything more than MP5s.

While I'm sure the officers in DC have much better training considering their situation, I'd also believe that the average officer doesn't feel comfortable carrying a rifle around with them everywhere.

Now... if they said better trained forces have been deployed as a precaution, I'd be more likely to believe that.

AntiEverything

Aug 5, 2004
Originally posted by: werk
Originally posted by: CrispyFried

Scary.
Here come the CS gun experts.
Originally posted by: jndietz
MARTIAL LAW HERE WE COME!!!!!
And the general morons...

LMAO :)