Metro Exodus Update Shows Huge Improvements With NVIDIA DLSS

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
So, neither image quality nor performance is a reason?
No because upscaling has proven to be equal to or better than DLSS in both points, with no downsides.

Here is a simple comparision between 4K/0.5 shading rate and 4K/DLSS in a worst case scenario in Metro:
Why are we using 0.5 when 0.8 has equal performance to DLSS?

And DLSS works in DX11, too. Final Fantasy anyone?!
How does one enable DLSS in Metro or BF5 under DX11?

Also I missed the most important advantage of resolution upscaling: it doesn't need game support and works in any game.

So DLSS is locked to API/resolution/game/RTX/setting/hardware. Upscaling has no such limits.

Reactions: Elfear

beginner99

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2009
Every reviewer I've seen who has tested it says it does and multiple forum users I've seen post their own experiences trying it agree. Yet you say it doesn't and post a pic with an unnecessarily low scaling ratio as "proof". I'll trust the reviewers and my own eyes.

Just ingnore him. It's obvious from his post history (like almost no posts April-RTX release then spaming in all NV related threads) that he is an NV online marketer.

NV, your online marketing is just bad, hire better people that aren't that obvious. All they do is ridicule your brand in my opinion.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Just ingnore him. It's obvious from his post history (like almost no posts April-RTX release then spaming in all NV related threads) that he is an NV online marketer.

NV, your online marketing is just bad, hire better people that aren't that obvious. All they do is ridicule your brand in my opinion.

I thought he was banned for a while?