Metallica, WTF is that crap they are playing on FOX new years show??

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Damn that sucked!! the last CD i bought of theirs was Load, that was bad, but this crap they were just playing was 100X's worse.

What happend to them??? They used to ROCK!!!

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Shrug..

I mean... What do you expect? They're just normal people, and normal people change.

They're musicians. They play what they like; what sounds good to them[/i. Just becuase you don't like it doesen't mean they suck, it just means you don't like it.

:)

Metallica has always ben about what they like, they don't give a sh!t about anyone else.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Eli
Shrug..

I mean... What do you expect? They're just normal people, and normal people change.

They're musicians. They play what they like; what sounds good to them[/i. Just becuase you don't like it doesen't mean they suck, it just means you don't like it.

Metallica has always ben about what they like, they don't give a sh!t about anyone else.

No it means it sucks!!

They might not give a sh!t about what people think of their music now, but wait until the numbers for the record sales come in, i bet they will start.

But Lars will just blame it on MP3 downloads. and just think i almost named my son Lars but my wife chopped that idea. :brokenheart:

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
holy crap a nerd on an internet message board doesn't like their song, they better pack it up and call it quits!!!!

to rh71, they played "unnamed feeling"

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Citrix
Shrug..

No it means it sucks!!

They might not give a sh!t about what people think of their music now, but wait until the numbers for the record sales come in, i bet they will start.

But Lars will just blame it on MP3 downloads. and just think i almost named my son Lars but my wife chopped that idea. :brokenheart:
I can't figure out where the screwup in these posts is..

Anyway,..... Hmm.. Shrug...... I think people hold them way too high up on a pedistal, they need to realize that they're just normal people, doing what they want to do.. if you don't like it, that's fine.. you don't like it.

I respect them as musicians. Of course I don't care for their new album as much as their older albums, but it doesen't matter.. lol...

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: hdeck
holy crap a nerd on an internet message board doesn't like their song, they better pack it up and call it quits!!!!

yea a nerd that bought (NEW) and still has "Justice for all" on LP...

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002

and that somehow proves you aren't a nerd on an internet message board? whatever you say, buddy. happy new year.

Led Zeppelin

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2002

and that somehow proves you aren't a nerd on an internet message board? whatever you say, buddy. happy new year.

I think you're more of a nerd for calling him a nerd on an internet message board. Just agree that you're both nerds.
rolleye.gif

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Wow, I guess that means they're musically dead
rolleye.gif

<<< Loads a few tracks from St. Anger onto the old playlist :)

Krakerjak

Jul 23, 2001
Meh. If i accomplish even a small fraction of what they have done in their careers i can die a very happy man. I don't doubt they will come out with more music, and it probably will be amazing.

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Shrug..

They're musicians. They play what they like; what sounds good to them. Just becuase you don't like it doesen't mean they suck, it just means you don't like it.

No it means it sucks!!

I can't figure out where the screwup in these posts is..

Anyway,..... Hmm.. Shrug...... I think people hold them way too high up on a pedistal, they need to realize that they're just normal people, doing what they want to do.. if you don't like it, that's fine.. you don't like it.

I respect them as musicians. Of course I don't care for their new album as much as their older albums, but it doesen't matter.. lol...

The screwup was in your initial post... you forgot to close an italics tag. I bolded the spot for you. :)

On topic - its much harder for people to deal with the fact that people they once loved now suck major arse, than to say "Oh, they sucked all along." - its a feeling of unrequited love and loyalty.

:wine::)

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Unnamed Feeling is the best track on the CD in my opinion... was it the song you thought was bad or their performance (if you liked the song in the first place) ?

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
No way. Metallica is a joke now. I can't say they are bad musicians, but I think they have gotten lazy when it comes to songwriting. YES LARS - I downloaded St Anger from the internet to preview it (like I have done with many CDs I now own, such as Nothingface, Strapping Young Lad, etc). NO LARS, I don't have it on my hard drive anymore because after five minutes of listening to it I couldn't take anymore and deleted them.

Sloppy sloppy sloppy. The lyrics are awful... the first song, Frantic, I hear the line "My life style determines my death style"... OMG... James used to be great at writing lyrics, that were simple and meant something. Now he tries to be fvckin clever and just sounds stupid.

The timing is off, its just a mess. No wonder Jason left to go play with Ozzy.