Met another AT'er today

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Rallispec
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider <YAWN>;) I went over a short section of it. Never had been there before. Bikes outnumbered cars 2 to 1 or better. I am hoping to get there and out to CA/OR/WA too. That is more up in the air.
maybe next summer i'll have a bike too--- looking into getting a honda cbr600 (? i think) possibly.... if i can save up some money and convince everyone that its safe.
Nice bike. Be careful if you do get it and it is your first ride. No I am not you father (god forbid LOL) but a 600 cc superbike will eat a Viper for lunch, and can catch you off guard. Just be mindful of that. I would love to see more good riders (not squids) on the road.
ahaha.. well, that would be my first choice, if i could afford it... (ignoring the the fact that most likely i wont be able to save up $6k) most likely i'd be looking into a used suziki or something smaller and cheaper. we're getting off topic though... you suck at drinkign! :p

Yeah? Then how come I can still spell drinking and you can't!!

BWAHAHA :cool:

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: BlueApple
one of these days' i gotta meet up with some of you all.

n0cmonkey lives about 5 miles from my house and i've never met him.. we need a Northern Va meet sometime... seriously.
... as long as you don't bring that 'car' of yours along. :D :p

speaking of which-- when ever i'm driving around town when i'm at home-- i'm always hoping that an ATer will see me, and then PM or something later that day.. (its a hard car to miss :))

and you know you want to see it... you cant deny your true feelings and love towards the nissan ;)

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
Met another AT'er today

Hey me too! Never met an electronic acquaintence before, I'm glad she didn't turn out to be some old pervert guy posing as a young lady ;)

Seriously, it was great to meet Heather, and I hope she doesn't post a pic of me with my eyes closed!

PS do I get to be 'l33t' now? :D j/k

JC

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: JC
Met another AT'er today

Hey me too! Never met an electronic acquaintence before, I'm glad she didn't turn out to be some old pervert guy posing as a young lady ;)

Seriously, it was great to meet Heather, and I hope she doesn't post a pic of me with my eyes closed!

PS do I get to be 'l33t' now? :D j/k

JC
I'll have to see if there's one with your eyes closed. If there is....I'll be sure to post it now! ;) lol

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
God I really hate the sun.

All they do is make really expensive computers that no one can buy.

Anghang

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2001
Originally posted by: NightFlyerGTI
I still need to meet someone here sometime, or just get a whole group together from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area!

if you arrange it, they will come... :)...well..i know i probably would...hehe

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Anghang
Originally posted by: NightFlyerGTI
I still need to meet someone here sometime, or just get a whole group together from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area!

if you arrange it, they will come... :)...well..i know i probably would...hehe

We should arrange a meet for the Central Coast of California. :)

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
We should arrange a meet for the Central Coast of California.

Yeah, there's gotta be some more members around here......

JC

roncarter

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2002
Originally posted by: hzl_eyed_grl
Today I had lunch with JC. We talked for a while and I took a couple of pictures. I don't have a digital camera so you'll have to wait until I develop the film. He was a cool guy and easy to talk to. We found out that we lived near each other and thought it would be cool to meet. :)

after the date, did yall go back to his place or urs?

hahahahhahahahahaha

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
Originally posted by: roncarter

hahahahhahahahahaha

Don't be jealous :p

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: roncarter
Today I had lunch with JC. We talked for a while and I took a couple of pictures. I don't have a digital camera so you'll have to wait until I develop the film. He was a cool guy and easy to talk to. We found out that we lived near each other and thought it would be cool to meet. :)

hahahahhahahahahaha

LOL We met for lunch. :Q

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
It's cute that you think you met someone from AT, but you forget that you all live inside my computer. I mean, it's nice that you think you exist, but none of you are real.

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
Nice bike. Be careful if you do get it and it is your first ride. No I am not you father (god forbid LOL) but a 600 cc superbike will eat a Viper for lunch, and can catch you off guard. Just be mindful of that. I would love to see more good riders (not squids) on the road.
Two questions:

1) Hasn't the Honda CBR 600 been around almost forever?

2) Did you used to be "Hayabuser" on a bike forum? You sure sound familiar!

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
It's cute that you think you met someone from AT, but you forget that you all live inside my computer. I mean, it's nice that you think you exist, but none of you are real.
*Pinches herself*

No seriously...I'm real! Really!! I'm real, I promise!!!!!

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein

:cool: hzl_eyed_grl, always nice to see when AT members meet in person :)

no joke, most are pretty cool, my friend for almost a year....didn't even know it, but he comes to AT frequently....bah...

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: Praetor
Tell me, what was it like? I've been doing some research on Google about something called a "sun". I've heard a few people blathering on about it, but they were all stark raving mad when they returned from this "sun."

Do you have any first hand experience with it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also heard rumors about the existance of this "SUN"

RossMAN
Elite Member

----------------------------------------------------
antiABIT
Golden Member

I don't think Rossman is kidding :Q