Mesa AZ Police make traffic stop, generate political rage

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
http://www.ktar.com/22/1577349/Woman-blames-SB-1070-for-mothers-traffic-arrest

PHOENIX -- Erika Andiola's mother was pulled over by Mesa Police Saturday night for speeding but Andiola believes there was another reason, a reason police said is irrelevant.

"According to the police she was going 50 miles per hour when it was supposed to be 40," Andiola told 92.3 KTAR's Jay Lawrence.

"I actually went to speak to one of the cops and he didn't even want to answer whether he stopped them or not because of the color of their skin but I honestly felt that was the reason why that happened."

Andiola added that her mother and two siblings who were also in the car were adamant that they weren't speeding. The family is Hispanic.

Mesa Police Detective Steve Berry said neither race nor SB 1070 played any factor in pulling over Andiola's mother.

"SB 1070 is political issue," Berry said. "We're not involved in politics. We're involved in law enforcement. If you took SB 1070 completely out of the equation the exact same thing would happened. It doesn't matter who you are. The same rules apply."

Andiola captured video of the traffic stop on her cellphone.

Andiola's mother, who is in the country illegally but is in the process of becoming a citizen, according to her daughter, was booked and received a criminal citation for not having any identification while driving.

Early last week, Phoenix police made the department's first arrest under the "show your papers" provision.

So basically . . . she was speeding, driving without a license, and in the country illegally. Sorry lady, your mother was not pulled over because of her skin color. She was pulled over for speeding, and arrested because she had no driver's license or ID on her.

Kudos to the Mesa PD for enforcing the laws.

Apr 27, 2012
What a pathetic piece of garbage, she broke the law then cries racism, we dont need morons like her. Kick her out

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
good job Mesa PD.

Andiola's mother, who is in the country illegally but is in the process of becoming a citizen, according to her daughter, was booked and received a criminal citation for not having any identification while driving.

lol yea surrreeeee she was.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Score one more victim for the PR quota. While the vast majority of the problem is not dealt with.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Oh she was totally pulled over for being non-white, it had nothing to do with going 10 mph over the listed speed limit in a loaded car of people.... nothing to do with that at all. Fucking retard.

Riparian

Jul 21, 2011
http://www.ktar.com/22/1577349/Woman-blames-SB-1070-for-mothers-traffic-arrest

So basically . . . she was speeding, driving without a license, and in the country illegally. Sorry lady, your mother was not pulled over because of her skin color. She was pulled over for speeding, and arrested because she had no driver's license or ID on her.

Kudos to the Mesa PD for enforcing the laws.

Assuming what the police said is true, I don't see a problem with this. Seems like the drivers have a bit of a victim mentality.

Apr 27, 2012
Assuming what the police said is true, I don't see a problem with this. Seems like the drivers have a bit of a victim mentality.

Not surprised, these people have the nerve to break the law and then claim to be victims, I am getting tired of these people destroying the country

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
The whole coming here illegally and working on getting citizenship does not compute.

I mean if you are here illegally you can't just get a greencard, even if you qualify, unless you go back to your home country and then get the greencard. And then it takes 5 years to be eligible for citizenship.

If the daughter is a US citizen, and 21 years old, the mother could get a greencard with ease and eventually citizenship, but not while remaining in the US illegally.

Last edited:

Riparian

Jul 21, 2011
The whole coming here illegally and working on getting citizenship does not compute.

I mean if you are here illegally you can't just get a greencard, even if you qualify, unless you go back to your home country and then get the greencard. And then it takes 5 years to be eligible for citizenship.

If the daughter is a US citizen, and 21 years old, the mother could get a greencard with ease and eventually citizenship, but not while remaining in the US illegally.

As for saying they should come here legally. Yeah they should but when you are on 20 year/13 year/6 year wait lists, that is kinda of hard to do.

It pretty much sounded like they wanted to show their mother in the best possible light given the irony of the situation. Get pulled over for speeding (no way of knowing for sure at this point), claim it was a race based stop (don't know if it's true or not), and then ironically admit that you are an illegal. Seems like her only punishment so far was a criminal citation for driving without identification. We'll have to see what happens going forward with her case if there are any immigration consequences.

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Oh she was totally pulled over for being non-white, it had nothing to do with going 10 mph over the listed speed limit in a loaded car of people.... nothing to do with that at all. Fucking retard.
This.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Seems like the new law is working half decent so far...Now lets see if AZ has the balls to deport her. And while they are at it they should try and fix the "anchor baby" loophole [born in US = citizen is abused], that way they could deport her anchor baby kid to who likes to scream that enforcing laws is "Racist :("!

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009

You've never driven in Arizona before, have you?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
This forum has no independent way to verify the driver was indeed driving 10MPH over the speed limit or not or that the cops had a probable cause reason to pull her over.

As sad to say, all Arizona cops are somewhat tarred by the same brush for a long and quite valid history of racial profiling in Arizona.

As for me, I will stop here, because I find no evidence YET either way to come to a conclusion in this one particular case.

Other than to remind everyone about a California Governor named Pete Wilson who tried the Hispanic bashing racial card and California and all its electorial votes have gone democratic ever since. Meanwhile back in Arizona, Arizona farmers are going broke because they lost their cheap labor supply, and legitimate Arizona Hispanics are filing legitimate civil rights complains and winning monitary damage laws suits that the tax payers of Arizona have to pay.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
This forum has no independent way to verify the driver was indeed driving 10MPH over the speed limit or not or that the cops had a probable cause reason to pull her over.

As sad to say, all Arizona cops are somewhat tarred by the same brush for a long and quite valid history of racial profiling in Arizona.

As for me, I will stop here, because I find no evidence YET either way to come to a conclusion in this one particular case.

Other than to remind everyone about a California Governor named Pete Wilson who tried the Hispanic bashing racial card and California and all its electorial votes have gone democratic ever since. Meanwhile back in Arizona, Arizona farmers are going broke because they lost their cheap labor supply, and legitimate Arizona Hispanics are filing legitimate civil rights complains and winning monitary damage laws suits that the tax payers of Arizona have to pay.

Whites are 46% of the population of Phoenix and Hispanics are 40%. If aggressive racial profiling is going on then the roads would be packed tail end to tail end down the interstate with "brown" people pulled over.

Of course thats not happening, even though the vast vast vast majority of illegals in AZ ARE Mexicans.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
For those that are trying to blame the police or "but..but..but because she was brown", let see you go down to Mexico or any countries on Earth, break its traffic law, could not provide any IDs, and then try to pull the "racist .....whhhaaaa..whhaaa" card. Let us know how it goes.

I bet that that woman would not have any vehicle insurance.

Legals = Si, ILLEGALS = No. Very simple to understand.

Last edited:

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Wait so who is showing "political rage"? GJ Mesa PD BTW as long as she was actually speeding.

jayzds

Nov 21, 2006

Unfortunatly I agree with the above. They are because of the crap they go through with many illegals breaking more than enough laws. I doubt it will ever change being a border state and fairly easy to get through the border into AZ for the most part.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Whites are 46% of the population of Phoenix and Hispanics are 40%. If aggressive racial profiling is going on then the roads would be packed tail end to tail end down the interstate with "brown" people pulled over.

Of course thats not happening, even though the vast vast vast majority of illegals in AZ ARE Mexicans.
Agreed. Obviously there are far too many brown and/or ethnically Mexican people legitimately in Arizona for cops to pull people over simply for being brown. But if you're in the country illegally, speeding, and driving without a license, pulling the race card is your only defense.

Though from my limited time in Arizona I'd have expected a driver going 50 in a 40 zone to be pulled over for dangerously impeding the other traffic . . .

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001

I'd tend to trust the police radar gun over the opinions of the driver, but regardless, she was driving without a license. That alone is an arrestable offense.

I've lived in AZ for nearly 10 years now, and haven't seen any mass racial profiling from the PDs. We do have a large Hispanic population, as others have mentioned, something in the ~40% range. And that means that large numbers of police officers are also Hispanic. Bordering the nation of Mexico means that vast majority of illegal immigrations we have are from Mexico.

Meanwhile back in Arizona, Arizona farmers are going broke because they lost their cheap labor supply, and legitimate Arizona Hispanics are filing legitimate civil rights complains and winning monetary damage laws suits that the tax payers of Arizona have to pay.

^ False. And I seem to be the only person who believes that expecting an entire race of people to be only good for picking crops for pennies is racist.

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
Given that the majority of people speed - and hispanics are no exception - it is far more probable she was pulled over for speeding than the fact she was hispanic.

You've never driven in Arizona before, have you?

I'd wager you haven't either.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
I'm surprised that dumbass didn't go one step further to claim she got booked because she is a woman.