Merkel's New Germany : 1000 Men Sexually Assault Women in Cologne

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
“We then walked through this group of men. There was an alley through [the men] which we walked through. Suddenly I felt a hand on my buttocks, then on my breasts, in the end, I was groped everywhere. It was a nightmare. Although we shouted and beat them, the guys did not stop. I was desperate and think I was touched around 100 times in the 200 meters."

35+ women were groped in similar fashion, but some (number not in article) were fully raped by gangs screaming, "ficki ficki slut" etc.

...and you want to dismiss it as "sensationalism".

Show me where women are being similarly treated (groped 100+ times) elsewhere?

The first step to solving any problem is to acknowledge it even exists, and you're trying to avoid that.

I'm a man and I've been through that at many a red light district. I survived and didn't call it rape.

You want to be Captain Save-a-Dansel-in-Distress.. go ahead.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
No it isn't.

Then provide something to back up your claim. I would be very interested to see a college party were 100+ women were groped. That would seem to be a pretty big deal to have not been reported. Hell, the link I gave before involved far less women and it was all over the news.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I'm a man and I've been through that at many a red light district. I survived and didn't call it rape.

You want to be Captain Save-a-Dansel-in-Distress.. go ahead.

And that is the rub. See, the report that the other guy got his 1-4 from would have called what happened to you sexual assault. Any physical contact that you did not ask for was considered sexual assault. If you were drunk but enjoyed it, still sexual assault.

So, you do not call it rape, and the respondents did not call it rape, but the people who did the survey called it sexual assault, rape, or attempted rape.

Big Cheese

Jan 4, 2016
Then provide something to back up your claim. I would be very interested to see a college party were 100+ women were groped. That would seem to be a pretty big deal to have not been reported. Hell, the link I gave before involved far less women and it was all over the news.

You're talking technicalities. Why the hell would it matter if it was one party 100+ women were groped at or three parties happening at different places. The fact is you're jumping on Muslim rape hysteria to reinforce your anti-immigrant ideas while trying to dismiss and downplay the rape hysteria on college campuses. Just more proof non of you actually care about the women being groped, just the ethnicity of the guy doing the groping.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
You're talking technicalities. Why the hell would it matter if it was one party 100+ women were groped at or three parties happening at different places. The fact is you're jumping on Muslim rape hysteria to reinforce your anti-immigrant ideas while trying to dismiss and downplay the rape hysteria on college campuses. Just more proof non of you actually care about the women being groped, just the ethnicity of the guy doing the groping.

This!

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Oh my gosh! Brown people are raping our women!
How dare they!
Only we have the right to rape white women! (1 in 4 women raped on college campuses but fortunately we're doing most of that raping)
Someone has played a horrible trick on you. There really is no special prize for being the biggest idiot on the Internet. Nice try though. With practice, you might have given Grooveriding a run for his/her/its money.

Seems over sensationalized. This is what happens you maintain your CDB via getting your news from heavily slanted sources that favour your biases.
Like DailyMail, linked in the OP?

Idiot.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013

Anti-immigrant ideas? Doubling down on stupid I see. If you want to do the work you can, but look through my posts. If you do, you would see where I am in favor of open immigration for anyone, no matter their country of origin and or race.

As for me not caring about women being assaulted, that is tripling down on stupid. I am not racist, and I'm not a monster, and I would need to be both for your accusation to be true.

So, you are wrong about the 1-4 claim
You are wrong about me being anti-immigration.
You are wrong about me not caring about the women who are raped who are not white.

Next, show me a college party were 25 women were assaulted. It sure seems like you are trying to say that the incident that happened in German happens here in the US on the same scale, and that is not true. You are diving into a pool and you don't know what you are getting into. You have no facts, just things people have told you that you believe to be true.

Big Cheese

Jan 4, 2016
Anti-immigrant ideas? Doubling down on stupid I see. If you want to do the work you can, but look through my posts. If you do, you would see where I am in favor of open immigration for anyone, no matter their country of origin and or race.

Well that's very nice.
As for the college rape crisis, I just source it from a few important people, you might have heard of them, like the President of the United States.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013

Bad incident for sure, but that article is horribly misleading.

The Tailhook scandal was a series of incidents where more than 100 U.S. Navy and United States Marine Corps aviation officers were alleged to have sexually assaulted 83 women and 7 men, or otherwise engaged in "improper and indecent"

First, a huge amount of those assaulted were pinched on the butt. Many did not consider what happened assault, but again, it was decided for them it was assault.

There were some that were very much attacked, so I dont want to make it seem like it was all pinching. But, even with this incident, its not close to what happened in Germany

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Well that's very nice.
As for the college rape crisis, I just source it from a few important people, you might have heard of them, like the President of the United States.

Obama has a lot to worry about, so I understand why he might have gotten caught up in politics and carried over the 1-4 bull shit.

But, do realize that all you have to back up the rape crisis claim is others claims. You wont find a validated report that says there is anything close to 1-4 in college. If you do any sort of research, you will actually find that rape happens less in colleges then it does in normal society.

But hey, its easier to just dismiss what I have to say right?

Women have genuine issues to deal with when it comes to rape. Inflating the numbers does nothing to help society though. The problem that I bet you have, is that you think rape is forcing someone to have sex by force or getting them to a point where they cannot say no. What you likely dont realize is that most of the studies now consider someone who gets drunk and does sexual acts and fully intended to do so and does not regret it is now considered rape. So, if you have ever had sex with a girlfriend when you two were drunk, you raped her. She did not rape you, because by definition envelopment is not considered rape. Women can only sexually assault men, they cannot rape them by law.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
2 wrongs make a right. Nothing to see here.

Glad we have so much history of people being bad, that way we always have something to drum up to apologize for current behavior.

If the situation he linked were equal, then it would change the argument being made. Many right now are saying what happened was due to a culture issue. If these large incidences were more frequent regardless of the culture, then the focus on the solution should change.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
2 wrongs make a right. Nothing to see here.

Glad we have so much history of people being bad, that way we always have something to drum up to apologize for current behavior.

who said two wrongs make a right and who drummed up an apology?

Nov 30, 2006
Last edited:

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
what was the point of your wiki link? oh look rape happened once before?

the point of this thread was to cast Muslim refugees in a bad light. i simply provided a link to the tailhook scandal to show that this isn't a Muslim refugee issue.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
Well that's very nice.

Heh... he's also repeated the wage gap myth that is not supported by a single reputable economist.

Why?

Why do you think?

01-landscape-480px-wide41.jpg

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
the point of this thread was to cast Muslim refugees in a bad light. i simply provided a link to the tailhook scandal to show that this isn't a Muslim refugee issue.

Maybe one should be scrutinizing their oftenly-bad current behaviour instead of excusing it away with bad things from the past?

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004

You don't see a difference between a culture where molestation is shamed, still happening but between individuals behind closed doors, and a culture where large groups of men get together and agree that public molestation is a perfectly acceptable response to seeing a women dressed in tight clothing?