Men: Do you shave in the shower or at the sink?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fineghal

Apr 6, 2006
I used to shave in the shower because it was significantly faster. And since I need to shave every day, if I wish to keep a clean appearance, this was a must. Since I switched to a classic safety razor, I pretty much require a mirror. Can't give these things enough credit. Not only are the blades aprox. ten cents, but the closeness of the shave and lack of irritation is amazing.

KingTech

Sep 17, 2007
Does it really matters if one shaves in the shower or at the sink?
The point is that you get shaved with no cuts and no hurts.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I used to shave at the sink, and them I switched to the shower.

Now I'm back at the sink because after many. many years I finally figured out that shaving with a blade was causing all the ingrown hairs on my neck.

I use an electric.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: KingTech

Actually, shaving or brushing your teeth in the shower is a huge waster of water.

Most people interested in water conservation will usually quote enormous savings that can be had if everyone turned off the water while their brushing their teeth. I can imagine they'd faint if you suggested doing either one in the shower.

rocadelpunk

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
i wish i had a fogless mirorr b/c i have to shave every few days and it makes a mess in the sink : P

...but my routine is, use the backend of the electric to trim down, then the actual electric itself, then fusion razor (just upgraded from mach 3)...then a nice shower.

this gives me a close shave without much irritation/cuts etc. I have a pretty decent electric, but I've never liked them b/c they either pull on slightly long whiskers and it hurts or they don't do a good enough job on the neck area...

KingTech

Sep 17, 2007
Originally posted by: Squisher
Originally posted by: KingTech

Actually, shaving or brushing your teeth in the shower is a huge waster of water.

Most people interested in water conservation will usually quote enormous savings that can be had if everyone turned off the water while their brushing their teeth. I can imagine they'd faint if you suggested doing either one in the shower.

Yea i agree with you man
Thank you for commenting on my post, you are right.

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Shower. I just bought a anti-fog mirror for $10. I never cut myself in the shower, but at the sink I'll ways have 2 or 3 bleeding spots.