Memory timing problems with Biostar 965PT

Jules

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Hi, Im having a problem and im not sure what to do at this point. I picked up 4 gigs of Gskill DDR2 800 http://www.newegg.com/Product/...p?Item=N82E16820231098

I was running them at 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0v and it ran great. I started to mess around overclocking my e6600 to 3.2ghz and i got it up to 1.47vcore and it was just acting up so i put it back to stock. Ever since then it wont run stable at 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0v. It makes the bios crash and windows vista keeps telling me my bootloader is corrupt. When i put it to 5-5-5-12 @ 1.8v it runs great. Not sure what happened to my memory. Any ideas?

sutahz

Golden Member
Dec 14, 2007
So you got your ram running at 4-4-4-12 2.0V (what speed was this at) then you started to overclock your cpu. Did you ignore your RAM while OCing your CPU? How long did you test for stability at each step? Reguardless, my guess is your RAM got damaged along the way (though you never upped voltages). Perhaps while increasing the FSB while maintaining those tight timings caused your RAM to fail/weaken.

I dunno then... maybe you weren't rock solid stable at 4-4-4 before and now its showing. Wish I had a more definate answer.

Jules

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: sutahz
So you got your ram running at 4-4-4-12 2.0V (what speed was this at) then you started to overclock your cpu. Did you ignore your RAM while OCing your CPU? How long did you test for stability at each step? Reguardless, my guess is your RAM got damaged along the way (though you never upped voltages). Perhaps while increasing the FSB while maintaining those tight timings caused your RAM to fail/weaken.

ran a divider on it so it wouldn't go past 800mhz. 4-4-4-12 2.0v was at 800mhz.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Oh? :confused:

You realize a divider merely clocks the RAM up along with the CPU at certain ratio, right?

Take a look at the memory tab in CPU-Z to see what speed it's running at, & maybe post that pic here?

Likely your RAM was outta stable spec & effed up your OS, isn't unusual.

Jules

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: n7
Oh? :confused:

You realize a divider merely clocks the RAM up along with the CPU at certain ratio, right?

Take a look at the memory tab in CPU-Z to see what speed it's running at, & maybe post that pic here?

Likely your RAM was outta stable spec & effed up your OS, isn't unusual.

hmm, Well i tried to keep the memory below 800mhz to see my max oc on my cpu. That is possible but it runs fine when im at 5-5-5-15 1.8v

heres a pic http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/mystupidmouth/Untitled.jpg