Memory read problem on asus p7p55d-e lx

JRRRRT

Apr 13, 2011
I'm having some trouble with my system reading my Memory correctly. It's also causing some occasional freezing/crashing. Here is my setup

Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5 760 @ 2.8Ghz
Asus P7P55D-lx
Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 (2x4GB) F312800CL9D-8GBXL
EVGA GTX 470

Under my system setting it reads 8.00 GB (4.00 GB usable). Running my BIOS support disc via Windows it only reads the Memory as DDR 1333 in both slots that they are installed.
When checking my memory configuration while in BIOS it only reads 4096MB of usable memory.

Running a directx diagnostic tells me I have 8192MB RAM. I've also run a CPU-Z to get the same 8192MB total, and it does read both installed slots with 4096MBytes; both running at DDR3 1600

I do have the memory remapping feature enabled in BIOS.

I've reseated the both RAM sticks multiple times and have run and Memtest86 with no errors.

My motherboard has an X.M.P. mode and D.O.C.P. mode that set the memory and timings to the correct values and keep my processor running at 2.8Ghz. I've tried both of these settings. I've also manually configured settings both overclocked and at 2.8Ghz all giving me the same results.

I know now the memory I have installed is not part of the qualified vendor list for the board I have, but don't understand why it only seems to be using one stick of RAM. My motherboard's maximum memory allowed is 16GB with 4 slots. So I don't see why one channel couldn't run 8GB

Does anybody know why I'm only getting half the installed memory read, and anything I can do to correct this?