Memory Crashed

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I think SanDisk and / or Lexar (which got bought out by Micron, I believe), used to offer an SD card file-recovery software on their web site. It may have been only a trial version, I'm not sure, never needed to use it.

Edit: I think maybe PhotoRec by Recuva might have been it.

Last edited:

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Define crashed. If something internal to it has failed, there may be nothing *reasonably* possible. First thing I'd do is pull it out of whatever can't read it and try reading in a different reader.

Next do a web search for something like free memory card recovery to find an app for that.

Next remind your friend that the data wasn't important or else she would have made a backup. However I can see some cases with a memory card where it wasn't so easy, say your memory card craps out in the middle of taking pictures with a camera or something.

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
... and? What was the solution? Please don't be a hit-n-run poster. (Well, technically you're not, because you posted a follow-up, but still, try to describe the solution, so that we can add it to our collective memory-banks, in case this comes up again, which it will.)

Reactions: corkyg