Question Memory compatibility question: ASUS TUF B550M-Plus + Kingston FURY Renegade 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz KF436C16RB1K2/32 (+5800X)

ananduser

Nov 20, 2022
Dear Members,

I would like to ask you if there is anybody here who knows if these three components are compatible with each other? The most important information would be whether the motherboard can run perfectly with the memory at the speed indicated: 3600 Mhz / CL16 / 1.35v

ASUS TUF B550M-Plus + Kingston FURY Renegade 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz KF436C16RB1K2/32 (+5800X)

I've looked almost everywhere, but I just can't find a similar configuration. I already have the motherboard and the processor, and I could get this good memory at a very good price and long warranty period.

I can't find any information on the memory manufacturer's page on QVL, nor on the motherboard manufacturer's page.

Thank you in advance for your reply!

ananduser

Nov 20, 2022
Kingston is a great brand for memory. I don't think that you will encounter any issues. I've had some bad luck with Corsair RAM and the issues went away when I switched to Kingston RAM.

Thanks! In the meantime I found another possible memory pair with my motherboard (and 5800X) on the QVL list (not on the QVL website of the motherboard, but on the memory).

A bit slower (3600/CL18), but at least QVL-"guaranteed" (although that doesn't always mean 100%). Which of the two would you choose? https://www.gskill.com/qvl/165/184/1562833535/F4-3600C18D-32GVK-QVL

I don't know which would go better with the Ryzen configuration mentioned above. But actually, for me, reliability would be more important (+ to run at the speed at which the modules are advertised 3600/CL16 (Kingston) or CL18 (G.Skill).

Jul 27, 2020
I don't have any experience with G.Skill but most people here don't have anything bad to say about them. I prefer lower latency so personally, I would take a chance on Kingston.

However, it all depends on the type of memory chips being used. If the G.Skill uses better chips, it may overclock higher. But for faster out of box set it and forget it XMP setting, I would choose Kingston.

Reactions: ananduser

ananduser

Nov 20, 2022
I don't have any experience with G.Skill but most people here don't have anything bad to say about them. I prefer lower latency so personally, I would take a chance on Kingston.

However, it all depends on the type of memory chips being used. If the G.Skill uses better chips, it may overclock higher. But for faster out of box set it and forget it XMP setting, I would choose Kingston.

I am also leaning towards Kingston. Thanks for everything, I'll report back here on how the story went.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Have you checked the ASUS QVL for your board/processor? That"s usually a good place to start. If you can't find it there, (the lists don't get updated nearly often enough) tey contacting ASUS or the RAM manufacturer.

Reactions: ananduser

ananduser

Nov 20, 2022
Have you checked the ASUS QVL for your board/processor? That"s usually a good place to start. If you can't find it there, (the lists don't get updated nearly often enough) tey contacting ASUS or the RAM manufacturer.

Of course, before I posted my question here, the first step was to check the QVL list of the motherboard manufacturer and the memory manufacturer, but unfortunately I couldn't find a match. But several places have confirmed that 90% of the memory will work with the motherboard. So I'm not so worried anymore, I'll find out in about 1 week :)