TheGameIs21

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2001
Am I the only one here that doesn't remember who all I had over for dinner last February(2003)?

It blows me away that people expect the Commanding Officer of the Drill Unit that Bush did/didn't attend to remember if he showed up or not AND IT WAS 30 YEARS AGO! I have yet to hear the the CO said "I know for a fact the GWD didn't show up for drills." I only hear "I don't remember him being there." So what, he doesn't remember.

Now if the CO has come forward with more than "I don't remember him being there", please let me know. I will admit that I have not read every article on the subject.

buckmasterson

Oct 12, 2002
Really, this is crap. I could care less about what Bush got away with 30 years ago. I only care about what he's getting away with now. Like putting this country into war without proof of WMD.

TheGameIs21

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2001
Originally posted by: buckmasterson
Really, this is crap. I could care less about what Bush got away with 30 years ago. I only care about what he's getting away with now. Like putting this country into war without proof of WMD.

You are exactly right... Bush put this country into war without proof that Iraq destroyed all their WMD's.

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
Originally posted by: TheGameIs21

You are exactly right... Bush put this country into war without proof that Iraq destroyed all their WMD's.

If a teacher is asking for Johnny's homework, he's going to ask for the complete homework, not proof that the dog ate it. In other words, we're not going to see anything hinting that the WMD's may have been destroyed.

Edit whoops. only 4 posts and your thread already got hijacked

buckmasterson

Oct 12, 2002

Good one!!!

TheGameIs21

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2001
Originally posted by: tallest1

If a teacher is asking for Johnny's homework, he's going to ask for the complete homework, not proof that the dog ate it. In other words, we're not going to see anything hinting that the WMD's may have been destroyed.

Once again you are also exactly right.... THAT IS UNLESS the student was just kicked out of a country he was trying to invade and swore he would have his homework destroyed (instead of being obliterated) and the School Board required that the proof be given. At which point the proof wasn't given so the students home room teacher took the initiative and completed what she started.

This is great... you all are really starting to get this. THERE IS HOPE!

EDIT Hijacked? Nope, you just proved my point. Thanks.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
It blows me away that people expect the Commanding Officer of the Drill Unit that Bush did/didn't attend to remember if he showed up or not AND IT WAS 30 YEARS AGO! I have yet to hear the the CO said "I know for a fact the GWD didn't show up for drills." I only hear "I don't remember him being there." So what, he doesn't remember.

Here's the problem . . . NOBODY . . . remembers him being with his drill unit in AL. Bush says he was there but has no memory of what he was doing. But everyone else doesn't even remember him being there at all. I'm not sure anybody necessarily expects the CO to remember Bush . . . but the CO gave his honest assessment . . . he doesn't remember Bush being there. It seems like it would be easy enough to interview everyone that spent time with the AL unit during Bush's tenure and see if anyone remembers him. If nobody can conjure such a memory . . . and Bush doesn't remember what he was doing . . . I think it's hard to conclude Bush was performing appropriately.

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001

Once again you are also exactly right.... THAT IS UNLESS the student was just kicked out of a country he was trying to invade and swore he would have his homework destroyed (instead of being obliterated) and the School Board required that the proof be given. At which point the proof wasn't given so the students home room teacher took the initiative and completed what she started.

I don't think you understand. If we don't look for proof that the WMD's were destroyed, we're going to go on one expensive wild goose chase. Instead of the teacher accepting that Johnny probably doesn't have the homework, he/she is putting the entire class on lockdown 24/7 until the end of the semester until she sees that homework - thus creating more problems than it solves.

btw, thats a pretty funny half-analogy you wrote there.

TheGameIs21

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2001

I don't think you understand. If we don't look for proof that the WMD's were destroyed, we're going to go on one expensive wild goose chase. Instead of the teacher accepting that Johnny probably doesn't have the homework, he/she is putting the entire class on lockdown 24/7 until the end of the semester until she sees that homework - thus creating more problems than it solves.

btw, thats a pretty funny half-analogy you wrote there.

That half analogy at least attempted to be apples to apples where you were comparing Apples to VW Bugs.

It was never the responsibility of the United States or even The United Nations for that matter to prove that the weapons exist. Per Iraq, they existed. Per the UN agreement to prevent our completing what was started in Gulf War I, Iraq had to destroy and provide proof of said distruction of the WMD's. They were given well over 8 years to provide the proof of distruction that was mandated by the UN. The proof never came. We finished what we started just like the world asked why we didn't do in 8 years before (well, we bowed to the UN's requests at that time). If the UN wasn't going to finish/enforce what it started... Here we are. Damned if we did, damned if we didn't....

And yes, I'll go on any tangent you want to take me on... I'm easy that way.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc

Here's the problem . . . NOBODY . . . remembers him being with his drill unit in AL. Bush says he was there but has no memory of what he was doing. But everyone else doesn't even remember him being there at all. I'm not sure anybody necessarily expects the CO to remember Bush . . . but the CO gave his honest assessment . . . he doesn't remember Bush being there. It seems like it would be easy enough to interview everyone that spent time with the AL unit during Bush's tenure and see if anyone remembers him. If nobody can conjure such a memory . . . and Bush doesn't remember what he was doing . . . I think it's hard to conclude Bush was performing appropriately.

One usually signs onto a base or unit records.
Because he was from TX, they may not have expected him to sign in for the unit. Also, being not being a local boy, it may be harder to remember if he was there unless he screwed up at got somes ass in a sling.
A low profile (we know that he did not cut it as a pilot) can blend ito the woodwork easily.

This is an explantion of why he may not be tracked in AL, not an excuse for there being NO records of him there.

When I was TDY as a junior officer, there may not have been many records tracking me and I am sure that only two or three people would remember me at my primary base, let alone any additional bases that I went to .

TheGameIs21

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2001
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc

One usually signs onto a base or unit records.
Because he was from TX, they may not have expected him to sign in for the unit. Also, being not being a local boy, it may be harder to remember if he was there unless he screwed up at got somes ass in a sling.
A low profile (we know that he did not cut it as a pilot) can blend ito the woodwork easily.

This is an explantion of why he may not be tracked in AL, not an excuse for there being NO records of him there.

When I was TDY as a junior officer, there may not have been many records tracking me and I am sure that only two or three people would remember me at my primary base, let alone any additional bases that I went to .

I was in the Coast Guard for 6 years and 4 of those years were at the Pay and Personnel Center. I know for a fact that those reservist records are spotty at best ESPECIALY from that time.