memo to Sean Hannity

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
LINKY

Dear Sean

I usually have to sit through your show, while I'm on the computer and the wife is flipping through channels.

Last night I was lucky enough to hear you say, at least 10 times, something to the effect of "Obama descended from the sky, spoke in front of the gods - and what happened? No bump? Only a 1 point lead?" Palin is a great pick, she's cancelled out all the attention" etc, etc, etc, etc.

I'm sure if you look at your talking points memo, most of which you probably have written for you since you didn't even finish college - you'll see that part, it's probably underlined multiple times - or perhaps even highlighted.

I just thought you might want to take a look at a poll that shows Obama rather far ahead. You may also want to refer to USA Today's 'likely voter poll', which has actually shown McCain swinging from a 3 point lead to 5 points behind.

I really think that the biggest enjoyment possible this fall will be seeing you and that blow-bag Rush having to explain why your party lost, then endlessly giving credit to everyone but the new administrator for anything that goes well, and of course laying the blame squarely on them for anything that goes wrong.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
having to explain why your party lost, then endlessly giving credit to everyone but the new administrator for anything that goes well, and of course laying the blame squarely on them for anything that goes wrong.
Kind of like how the Dems have been doing for the last 8 years.

racolvin

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2004
Originally posted by: NeoV

I'm sure if you look at your talking points memo, most of which you probably have written for you since you didn't even finish college ...

While I'm no fan of Hannity, lots of very smart people never finished or even went to college ....

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: racolvin

I'm sure if you look at your talking points memo, most of which you probably have written for you since you didn't even finish college ...

While I'm no fan of Hannity, lots of very smart people never finished or even went to college ....

I agree. College is the ability to jump through hoops, it doesn't necessarily mean you're intelligent.

NeoV, why don't you use a poll average instead of just a single or couple polls that show what you want it to show?

Either way, Obama had this election handed to him and somehow the race is much closer than it should have been.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: ZeroIQ

I agree. College is the ability to jump through hoops, it doesn't necessarily mean you're intelligent.

NeoV, why don't you use a poll average instead of just a single or couple polls that show what you want it to show?

Either way, Obama had this election handed to him and somehow the race is much closer than it should have been.
How did Obama have this election handed to him?

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: ZeroIQ

How did Obama have this election handed to him?

Affirmative Action, obviously. It is the only way black people can get jobs outside of KFC, right?

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
The election has been handed to him? Like it was handed to Kerry?

At least now the war in Iraq is going much better - you idiots still put GWB back in office right in the middle of that disaster - every other issue didn't even matter - yet we were still talking about gay marriage in debates.

What exactly do the democrats take credit for over the past 8 years?

I completely agree that people can be intelligent without going to or finishing college - but don't talk to me about the costs of college, or the demands of going to college and working, when you didn't go yourself - IE Sean.

The same point about polls - don't tell us - on national TV - that there was no bump in the polls - when multiple polls do show a bump - you missed the point entirely - my point was that Hannity picked 1 poll and ran with it, when numberous other polls showed other data.

Stop defending this talking-points robot.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
The election has been handed to him? Like it was handed to Kerry?

At least now the war in Iraq is going much better - you idiots still put GWB back in office right in the middle of that disaster - every other issue didn't even matter - yet we were still talking about gay marriage in debates.

What exactly do the democrats take credit for over the past 8 years?

I completely agree that people can be intelligent without going to or finishing college - but don't talk to me about the costs of college, or the demands of going to college and working, when you didn't go yourself - IE Sean.

The same point about polls - don't tell us - on national TV - that there was no bump in the polls - when multiple polls do show a bump - you missed the point entirely - my point was that Hannity picked 1 poll and ran with it, when numberous other polls showed other data.

Stop defending this talking-points robot.

He did go to college, just didn't finish. Don't let your hate get in the way of your facts though.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
if you'll read the initial post - I clearly stated he 'didn't finish college'

perhaps I should edit the 2nd post to say "didn't finish"

The fact is he didn't finish college - period. In fact, his stated reason for dropping out was 'financial reasons'.

Happy now?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Starbuck1975
having to explain why your party lost, then endlessly giving credit to everyone but the new administrator for anything that goes well, and of course laying the blame squarely on them for anything that goes wrong.

Yes, the liberal shows have been unfairly blaming the Republicans for the Iraq War, for the deficits increased by the borrowed tax cuts for the wealthy, for the $150 billion lost in their Medicare drug bill geveaway to the drug industry who donates to the GOP by preventing the government from negotiating the price of drugs, for blocking the minimum wage increase for most of those years, for the worsened relations around the globe as the Republicans have thumbed their nose at any need to show respect to other nations time and again with a few exceptions when we want some help, for committing and trying to legalize torture, and so on. It's the same thing as the right-wingers blaming democrats for things having nothing to do with them, and not giving credit.

For example, when Clinton raised taxes on the top 2%, and the right all said the economy would absolutely be hugely harmed, with inflation and lower growth, and instead the economy did better and Clinton got rid of the 12-year Republican deficits - and then the right gave the credit not to Clinton but the 'internet boom' which just happened to disappear when Bush took office (which isn't to say there isn't *some* truth in it, but they lie by exaggeration.)

It's funny, under Clinton the Republicans were all libertarians talking about how they were terrified of the big bad federal government and that crazy Janet Reno.

Once in power they couldn't fast enough pass the Patriot Act and pursue all kinds of infringements on civil rights and remove restraints on the government, and wiretap.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
LINKY

Dear Sean

I usually have to sit through your show, while I'm on the computer and the wife is flipping through channels.

Last night I was lucky enough to hear you say, at least 10 times, something to the effect of "Obama descended from the sky, spoke in front of the gods - and what happened? No bump? Only a 1 point lead?" Palin is a great pick, she's cancelled out all the attention" etc, etc, etc, etc.

I'm sure if you look at your talking points memo, most of which you probably have written for you since you didn't even finish college - you'll see that part, it's probably underlined multiple times - or perhaps even highlighted.

I just thought you might want to take a look at a poll that shows Obama rather far ahead. You may also want to refer to USA Today's 'likely voter poll', which has actually shown McCain swinging from a 3 point lead to 5 points behind.

I really think that the biggest enjoyment possible this fall will be seeing you and that blow-bag Rush having to explain why your party lost, then endlessly giving credit to everyone but the new administrator for anything that goes well, and of course laying the blame squarely on them for anything that goes wrong.
Rush Limbaugh didn't finish college either.

Despite that Rush just signed a $400 million contract.
Hannity himself makes at least $2 million a year.

Seems like dropping out has been pretty lucrative.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
LINKY

Dear Sean

Plus they're good enough for you to get marching orders from.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
LINKY

Dear Sean

Gee, that also vindicates millionaire rappers doesn't it. I mean, they're the perfect role models for our children.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
-snip-

If the point of this thread and your post is to claim that there was a big convention bounce for Obama, I think you've done a rather poor job.

McCain is 3-5 points behind after the DNC? Umm.. that's pretty much where he was before the DNC.

Otherwise, yeah you can cherry pick polls; they aren't in agreement.

But mostly, my belief is that we aren't gonna know with any clarity what bump Obama may have gotten from the DNC and his Thursday night speech; no way to get a fresh poll before McCain's VP announcement. Seems to be by the time anybody could get around to polling for the DNC etc effect the Palin news was already on their mind. How to seperate the two effects accurately? IDK, and doubt that it can be done.

Fern

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
The fact that you have to make a thread to 'prove' that Obama got a bump is a bad sign.

Usually the bump is obvious to all who look, but not this time around it seems.
Plus the fact that he got a few points after a week of nearly endless positive coverage is not really much of an accomplishment. Let's wait till after the Republicans have their convention and see where the race sits.

Feb 16, 2005

Do you really want to get in a pissing contest to find the most overpaid under-educated person? Really?
rush is a blowhard, a person who should be living hand to mouth, check to check, instead his inflated ego (along with his myopic view of reality), is grossly overpaid.

Just look at pro athletes, actors, 'musicians', etc, who never finished or even went to college that are making millions more a year than a school teacher who suffered through years of college, and is grossly underpaid.

I would do everything in the world I could do to convince any child that rush is the exact opposite of what you want to become.

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Starbuck1975

Six of those years the Repubs had complete control of the federal gov't. They were also in control of Congress since '94. So yes, blame is almost squarely put on them.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Usually the bump is obvious to all who look, but not this time around it seems.

Because some people are willfully blind? Look at the end of that chart, see how the one dark green line goes up and the other stays the same? See the date? See who the lines represent? See how they have been more or less flat for the past several months? I know this is difficult and all.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/109...its-50-First-Time.aspx

It also marks the first time BO reached 50%. Sure it's 5% or so. That's why it's called a bump and not a mountain.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
The average Democrat bounce in 1964 is 7 points. Obama got 4 or 5. Once again he is underperforming.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
The average Democrat bounce in 1964 is 7 points. Obama got 4 or 5. Once again he is underperforming.

I find it funny that someone who is 5-9 points up in the polls can be called "underperforming." I do believe generally the point of an election is to get more votes than the other guy, and by all accounts McCain is will have more trouble doing that than Obama.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005

Yeah, couldn't possibly be because the country has been focused on the race for 18 months now and most people have made up their minds because they've been subject to 24 hour internet/media/radio/tv/newspaper/youtube coverage? If you are undecided at this point it's because you live in a cave.

Caminetto

Jul 29, 2001

While I quite agree that we need to wait till after the Republicans have their convention to see where the race sits, it sure doesn't look like "underperforming".

The Latest Polls