Meh McDonalds posted some videos ...

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Screw the McRib. I actually would love to see the steak, egg, and cheese bagel make a comeback.

MistaFreeze

Feb 18, 2009
Just watched the one where they say it's 100% beef. I previously watched how McDonalds makes their chicken nuggets and that was a cool process as well. I think the food is fine in moderation.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Wait...they don't have it anymore??? That is like..the only thing I like from McD's... :(
Yeah apparently it's a regional item. Can't get it here in CA, at least not that I've seen. I first had it when I lived in MI (from originally) and even there it went off the menu for some time. I think it may be both regional and seasonal.

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
Screw the McRib. I actually would love to see the steak, egg, and cheese bagel make a comeback.

Back when I was a fat ass I'd demolish those Steak Egg Cheese bagels. Holy shit they were good.

I worked for McD's growing up, I wouldn't eat a McRib unless it was the last meal on Earth.

Nov 8, 2012
Who had the bright idea of doing this retarded marketing?!?! Doesn't matter which video, take a look at the comments of any of them...

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Just watched the one where they say it's 100% beef. I previously watched how McDonalds makes their chicken nuggets and that was a cool process as well. I think the food is fine in moderation.

Eh...their frozen patties are so damned dry. I think they pump sugar into their buns to distract you from realizing you're eating shoe leather.

steppinthrax

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2006
Who had the bright idea of doing this retarded marketing?!?! Doesn't matter which video, take a look at the comments of any of them...

Because Mc is getting a bad rap. Their sales are down and Subway/Chipotle and other stores are taking their market share. In my opinion Mc is old and outdated. "New Americans" don't want Hamburgers anymore. They want healthy foods that are not heavily processed. They want to get to see the ingredients that is being placed in their food behind a window.

Also whenever you walk into a McDonald it's not hard to spot the welfare mamas, druggies and other bad elements you just don't want to be around. I was in there a few days ago while my kid was in the play-area. A woman came into the area bitching to the father about "where are my child support payments". This was in front of all the kids in the area and she was loud.

The employees are generally horrible as well. Sometimes you get good sometimes you get shit. They show how good their food is constructed in the factory but when you order it they are not consistent in the assembly. Sometimes a hamburger has no pickles sometimes it has too much, sometimes it's cold or hot etc...?

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Yeah apparently it's a regional item. Can't get it here in CA, at least not that I've seen. I first had it when I lived in MI (from originally) and even there it went off the menu for some time. I think it may be both regional and seasonal.

They still have the steak breakfast bagel here in GA.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Because Mc is getting a bad rap. Their sales are down and Subway/Chipotle and other stores are taking their market share. In my opinion Mc is old and outdated. "New Americans" don't want Hamburgers anymore. They want healthy foods that are not heavily processed. They want to get to see the ingredients that is being placed in their food behind a window.

Also whenever you walk into a McDonald it's not hard to spot the welfare mamas, druggies and other bad elements you just don't want to be around. I was in there a few days ago while my kid was in the play-area. A woman came into the area bitching to the father about "where are my child support payments". This was in front of all the kids in the area and she was loud.

The employees are generally horrible as well. Sometimes you get good sometimes you get shit. They show how good their food is constructed in the factory but when you order it they are not consistent in the assembly. Sometimes a hamburger has no pickles sometimes it has too much, sometimes it's cold or hot etc...?
Clarification:
"New Americans" don't want Hamburgers anymore. They want to at least have the illusion that they are getting healthy foods. They want to get to see the ingredients that is being placed in their food behind a window. Meanwhile, manufacturers and marketers keep looking for new ways of concealing ingredients and misleading consumers.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001

I agree that comments probably should have been disabled. We all know that YouTube is a cesspool of idiots and trolls.

That said, I think the videos are actually really good marketing. McD's food quality has been questioned for a while and this is really a direct response to show that they aren't doing anything shady or disgusting, at least in the processing.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Clarification:
"New Americans" don't want Hamburgers anymore. They want to at least have the illusion that they are getting healthy foods. They want to get to see the ingredients that is being placed in their food behind a window. Meanwhile, manufacturers and marketers keep looking for new ways of concealing ingredients and misleading consumers.

That does not describe Chipotle / Panera at all. Highest quality ingredients possible for a chain. Period.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
I've never had an issue with the food. The menu currently sucks. The food isn't fresh anymore because of the bloated menu.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
If they are indeed the highest quality ingredients, they need to get some that actually have some taste.

Meat is variable in flavor. Steak is more variable (and more expensive) than chicken. The last several times I've been to Chipotle, I was absolutely blown away specifically by the awesomely flavorful meat.

Chicken burrito. White rice. Fajita veggies (no beans). Corn salsa. Some cheese and sour cream ("just a little bit"). Fucking amazing. So much that i can't help making all kinds of enjoyment sounds while eating it.