Meeting up with an ex for dinner tonight

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
So this was my high school sweetheart....we were together for like 3 years. Since then we've been sort of friends...we talk 2-4 times a year. I haven't seen her for 4 years. But she wants to get dinner and needs help working on a business plan thing that she's trying to do ( a non-profit venture to help children in need).

Obviously, she's not looking to like get back together or hook up or anything, but it still makes me a bit nervous...she's way hot and the idea of getting with her is exciting. lol...

EDIT-
Update (copied and pasted from later in the thread)-

Hi guys....sorry about the lack of update. It was for three reasons: 1. She ended up bailing that night (it was last friday. We had plans to meet at about 7:30....on my way home from work at 5 she called and said that she had an emergency at work (that she later explained) and said that she had to do a meeting that got pushed back because of the work emergency and that she could cancel the meeting if I wasn't going to be available at a different time, but i said Sunday would be fine) 2. After the dinner on Sunday, nothing really exciting and worth posting happened (but since you all seem interested, I'll tell the story here in a sec) and to be honest-I wussed out...big time (but with reason!) and 3. Really didn't think anyone would care! lol

Ok, to get the obvious ATOT questions out the way first: Yes, she is still smoking hot. Call shens, call me a liar, promise to stop reading my threads-I don't ****** care...but she's 5'9", 24" waist and 34D chest. She looks just as hot as she ever did. And NO i'm not posting pics (and yes, i have heard of a scanner). If she was my girlfriend, I'd tell her "Hey some friends online (i'm gonna go ahead and call you guys friends even though we dont know each other lol) want to see you. Do you mind?" BUT since she isn't my gf and I dont feel comfortable telling her about it, i'm not going to just post pictures....it feels creepy. So-sorry. There are plenty of hot girls' pics u can see...my suggestion is to try google.

Ok, so dinner- we met at a sushi restaurant and the first thing I noticed was that she was at least as nervous as I was, if not more so. That seemed a bit strange to me, cuz, as I said, she's really hot. In fact, I'd say she's out of my league now. But I was her "first" and I guess you feel a sense of attachment to your first always, so maybe those feelings she had for me never got all the way out or something (or maybe, like most women, she has a lack of self confidence and doesn't quite realize how hot she is...beats me...whatever). Anyway, dinner was a bit awkward...strange silences, odd conversation. I dunno....i guess it was cool, but it was kind of strange.

Really, though, i wussed out- We talked about why don't we hang out more often and I said it was because she was always so busy and not great at returning calls, and she said, "Well, what are you up to tonight?!?" and it was already almost 9 oclock. I said I was going to watch entourage and go to bed, then changed the subject to TV shows.

BUT i had a reason for pussin out....see, my best friend just returned this past week from Japan and he's living with me. He was at home. She and he were friends when I dated her and they get along really well (in fact it was him that introduced me to her). I knew that if we went back to my place that it would have ended up them talking and chatting and catching up for the next couple hours and would have been pointless.

She paid for dinner since I was helping her with her stuff.

We are going to see each other soon. Really doubt any "stuff" will go down.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
In other words she's using you? I hate when they pull this crap. "I need something, can we talk or see each other?"

Tell her certain favors will be necessary before assistance is provided.

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: GrantMeThePower
Obviously, she's not looking to like get back together or hook up or anything, but it still makes me a bit nervous...she's way hot and the idea of getting with her is exciting. lol...

Don't disqualify that yet. Go for it!

Triforceofcourage

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2004
Sounds like she is using you since you only talk to her 2 times a year. You are thinking with the wrong head. She is thinking purely about how you can help her with her work. You are thinking about tagging her. You will look like a fool.

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
LOL, i agree that she is using me...no doubt.

Over the years, in fact, the only times we talk is when one of us needs something. Its a 5-1 thing in her favor, but there have been a couple times where I was just down or sad or whatever and needed to talk to someone and she was there. I think we're in a unique situation where we know we're never going to "be together" and we're not even going to be friends, but we have a connection that we also know is real so we just try to be there for eachother. Its just that this is the first time we've gotten face to face...not just phone time....in a while.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Do us all a favor and work her business plan out horizontally.

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
Originally posted by: SampSon
Just work on getting into her pants. She is thinking the same thing.

I don't think she is thinking the same thing....she wants help on her business thing.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006

I don't think she is thinking the same thing....she wants help on her business thing.
It's a cheap ploy. Help her, but keep your goal in mind.

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
Originally posted by: FoBoT
:camera:'s?

LOL...when we were together, there wasn't such a thing as digital cameras....any pics i have are old 'film" pics. (if you're confused about what that "film" thing is, check out wikipedia)

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003

If you're taking an ex-GF to dinner, that's at least 3rd base.

Draw out a rough outline of your plan during dinner, and invite her back to your place to bang out the kinks afterward.

McGyver

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2002
Originally posted by: FoBoT
:camera:'s?

LOL...when we were together, there wasn't such a thing as digital cameras....any pics i have are old 'film" pics. (if you're confused about what that "film" thing is, check out wikipedia)

aight, i'm not telling you to relive the 90's. let's fast forward to ur dinner in a few days/hours, use the digital camera/cellphone. just a thought.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Yeah, except she probably only wants to go as deep as his pockets let her.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Agree with others who said that dinner with an ex = easy pickins. Especially if you're still attracted to her, go for it. But just in case that's not what she wants, don't make it too obvious.

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
Originally posted by: m1ldslide1
Agree with others who said that dinner with an ex = easy pickins. Especially if you're still attracted to her, go for it. But just in case that's not what she wants, don't make it too obvious.

How does one pull off those two things simultaneously?

Parasitic

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: rezinn
Don't pay for her dinner.

Shouldn't she pay since she wants to discuss work only?
Plus you should flat out tell her that you need to charge her fees to talk to you...it's clear that she only wants free consultation and a waste of your time if you don't get any.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003

I think this is the 'Wait Until She Randomly Starts Taking Her Clothes Off' technique. I have never heard of it working outside of a relationship.

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Farang

I think this is the 'Wait Until She Randomly Starts Taking Her Clothes Off' technique. I have never heard of it working outside of a relationship.

LOL!!! :thumbsup: