Meet The Press: Russert - His press aid ended the interview early!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: arsbanned
Riiiight. Powell had to basically tell this woman to shut up and sit down so he could continue.

And that proves she was stopping it because of the questioning - how? Oh, that's right...it doesn't.

CkG

Read the transcript of the Powell interview and you'll see.

TIM RUSSERT: Finally, Mr. Secretary, in February of 2003, you placed your enormous personal credibility before the United Nations and laid out a case against Saddam Hussein, citing.

(Camera moved off of interview subject)

EMILY MILLER, STATE DEPARTMENT PRESS AIDE: You're off.

SECRETARY POWELL: I am not off.

EMILY MILLER, PRESS AIDE: No. They can't use it, they're editing it.

Again - how does that prove it was because of the question(ing)?
Like I've said - your perception of "why" doesn't make it true. Her assertion that it was about time is backed up by the fact that the interview was over the alloted time.
But whatever - believe what you want if it helps you sleep at night. Russert's aide cut off an interview, and Powell's attempted to also. Both aids said it was because of time. Russerts aide tried to cut it off before the alloted time was done, and Powell's attempted to AFTER the alloted time was past.

CkG

CkG, I'm not normally one to do this, but I think you're being objectionable just for the sake of being objectionable. From the transcript and the video, it's obvious to almost anyone else that the aid was concerned with the question that was asked rather than the time allotment. Seriously, you're usually much more reasonable than this.