Mediocre movies that you like a lot

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Aikouka
Originally posted by: DangerAardvark
I liked Crank a lot. I thought the plot was amazing: guy injected with poison; now guy has to do non-stop crazy shit to stay alive. It sorta reminded me of a session of GTA where everything just sort of builds up on you until you end up driving a tank off a cliff into a helicopter. Plus he dies in the end, which is awesome.

Crank 2 is set to come out in 2009 with Statham resuming his role from the first movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1121931/

So no, he didn't die.

I saw him at Starbucks a few months ago. I thought it was a midget or Tom Cruise or something; couldn't believe how short he was.

KT

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
I liked Crank a lot. I thought the plot was amazing: guy injected with poison; now guy has to do non-stop crazy shit to stay alive. It sorta reminded me of a session of GTA where everything just sort of builds up on you until you end up driving a tank off a cliff into a helicopter. Plus he dies in the end, which is awesome.

Crank 2 is set to come out in 2009 with Statham resuming his role from the first movie.

So no, he didn't die.

How the hell did he not die? Didn't he take a very long fall from a helicopter??

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000

So no, he didn't die.

That is just...what???? How...he fell from a freakin copter.

Maybe he dies during the middle of the movie...this time he does his gf in the middle of Italy-town and gets a heart attack in the process.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Originally posted by: dNor
The Resident Evil movies (haven't seen the third yet still...)
Same here about the RE movies

Another is Godzilla. A lot of people dislike that movie but for some reason I enjoy it.

dakels

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
I liked Vanilla Sky a lot too. Both the spanish and english versions although I liked the english version a lot more because I could relate to it better. First if not only big production movie I have heard one of my favorite bands, Sigur Ros.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Cutterhead
Originally posted by: andylawcc
starship troopers

This is the first one that came to mind for me as well. Starship Troopers is awful in so many ways, but I still find it highly entertaining.

I love Starship Troopers.

And also Undercover Brother. :eek:

Nov 29, 2006
Shaun of the Dead
Hot Fuzz
Fever Pitch
Not Another Teen Movie (best spoof movie of all time)
Starship Troopers

Feb 6, 2007
Originally posted by: soulcougher73
Shaun of the Dead
Hot Fuzz

These movies both have over 90% on RottenTomatoes and 8.0 on imdb... That's pretty much equivalent to universal acclaim. I don't think you can really classify them as mediocre movies.

I'm having a hard time thinking of any mediocre movies that I like. Con Air was pretty mediocre, and I like it OK...

Ultralight

Jul 11, 2004
Glad to see someone else mention Hudson Hawk and Grosse Point Blank. I love those movies.

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003

So no, he didn't die.

Yeah, at the end of the movie he hits the pavement and his eyes pop wide open after a bit.

Arcadio

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2007
Why are some people mentioning Starship Troopers. That wasn't mediocre at all.

SpazzyChicken

Feb 8, 2002
Demolition Man <Stallone> PHOEEEENNNNIIIIIIXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!</Stallone>
Starship Troopers
Baseketball
Can't Hardly Wait

Feb 6, 2007
Originally posted by: Arcadio
Why are some people mentioning Starship Troopers. That wasn't mediocre at all.

Starship Troopers is the definition of mediocrity. But then again, you can't spell the name of your own species, so I'm not surprised you'd think Starship Troopers was a cinematic masterpiece.

imported_Champ

Golden Member
Mar 25, 2008
Kickn' it old skool -- i have no reason why...but it is just randomly funny

The Terminal -- i have no reason why...i guess the idea of a simple, kind hearted, foreign guy trapped in airport with random escapades is just awesome

National Treasure -- just awesome for like no reason