Medically Correct Statement

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Why does rape even matter? If you genuinely believe that abortion is the murder of a child, how does the means by which it was conceived matter? Is murdering a child okay because the mom was raped? Of course not.

The real reason is that nobody. (nobody) actually views an embryo as the same thing as a child.

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
I'm BACK!

That was my vote as well, killing a child that had no choice in the matter...I don't think abortions should be an option even in rape cases. Unless like I said, there was a high chance of the mother dying (complications in the pregnancy, illness, etc) then I think they should have the choice. Not fair to risk the mothers life for something she didn't choose either. Between somebody who already has a life and somebody who hasn't yet started one I would personally lean towards saving the established life.

During the earliest stages I don't consider the fetus living (just a couple cells)...but it quickly becomes a separate life, and abortions basically are killing children (as far as I understand it).