Media's Presidential Bias and Decline

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
We've all known this from watching any amount of CNN, MSNBC or NYTimes. Nice post though, but it doesn't really matter. Liberals don't care about fairness in the media, they just want their policies enacted and if they have to brainwash people through news, entertainment and education, it's clear they have no qualms about it.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: techs
Anyone who thinks FoxNews is fair and balanced has no credibility when it comes to saying the rest of the media is 'biased'.
The truth is Republicans and ProfJohn can't figure out why the news media doesn't just say ayers, ayers, ayers 24/7.
Can anyone realistically say the media hasn't covered the things that McCain is making a fuss about? And once the story has been told, why should news media keep repeating it? Guess what, its call "news" for reason.
If ProfJohn wants to hear about what happened in the past all the time he can watch "The History Channel"
pssst... no one mentioned Fox.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: techs
Anyone who thinks FoxNews is fair and balanced has no credibility when it comes to saying the rest of the media is 'biased'.
The truth is Republicans and ProfJohn can't figure out why the news media doesn't just say ayers, ayers, ayers 24/7.
Can anyone realistically say the media hasn't covered the things that McCain is making a fuss about? And once the story has been told, why should news media keep repeating it? Guess what, its call "news" for reason.
If ProfJohn wants to hear about what happened in the past all the time he can watch "The History Channel"
pssst... no one mentioned Fox.

pssst... you didn't answer Tech's rebuttal....

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Answer... the media has still barely covered the Ayers thing.

We have investigative reports on the Alaska pipe line, but know NOTHING about the working relationship between Obama and Ayers. They shared an office together. Obama steered over a million dollars towards Ayers etc etc. Where are the investigative reports on that stuff? Why do I have to read right wing web site to learn these facts?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

We have investigative reports on the Alaska pipe line, but know NOTHING about the working relationship between Obama and Ayers. They shared an office together. Obama steered over a million dollars towards Ayers etc etc. Where are the investigative reports on that stuff? Why do I have to read right wing web site to learn these facts?

um... could you link a few of those sites making those ties?

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003

I'm sick of hearing this crap. There have been investigations. There is nothing there. They shared the same relationship any two community leaders might have, working together on occasion when circumstances made it so. Nobody cares and it is irrelevant. Just because the media isn't a GOP lapdog does not make it biased.

The pipeline, on the other hand, is real news. This so-called reformer limited the number of bids to all but guarantee a firm favorable to her administration secured the deal.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
goodness another media bias thread?

Answer this question: If the media is sooo biased, and soooo influential in political matters, how on earth did the media allow GWB to get elected not once but TWICE!?

The problem here is simple. The republican brand is in the sh!tter and the resident GOP diehards don't want to deal with that reality. Im sorry to say this, but the GOP is going to get lamblasted this election and it isn't the media's fault. It isn't the liberals fault either. It is your own damn fault.

figure out why.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: Farang

I'm sick of hearing this crap. There have been investigations. There is nothing there. They shared the same relationship any two community leaders might have, working together on occasion when circumstances made it so. Nobody cares and it is irrelevant. Just because the media isn't a GOP lapdog does not make it biased.

The pipeline, on the other hand, is real news. This so-called reformer limited the number of bids to all but guarantee a firm favorable to her administration secured the deal.

wait.. PJ is going to present his links to the sites that give him the "facts" about this dire injustice....

Link away, PJ - let's see what you've got....

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
It's just another post n' run. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the same broken record complaint about the "MSM."

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
You must be kidding, for roughly 6 years Bush got a free pass from the media.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: Infohawk
It's just another post n' run. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the same broken record complaint about the "MSM."

I hope not. PJ - you've got a forum to speak - so speak - and back it up.

*edit - PJ ran away....

hey, PJ, I'd still love to see the links to the sites you find back up your idea of truth...

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Vic
Like this? :)

You know, I have to give these guys credit.....

If the Rush and the like keeps pushing the party more to the right and away from center, and if Obama is as big of a disaster as I think/hope he will be and socializes everything then hopefully we will get to the point where many consider a viable third party.

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
In exposing the media for what it really is - a tool of the establishment to maintain the status quo, it is vital to peel back the onion and expose them for the frauds that they are.

Showing the tools they use to create their establishment-maintaining bilge is an excellent way on a higher level to show people how they are being manipulated. But on a more visceral level, there are other things we should be doing to expose the Stenography Class for what it is.

The "buddy system" between the media and the politicians. The media helped greatly in getting George W elected. They were the ones, not the public, who saw him as a guy they wanted to have a beer with. They, the millionaire pundit boys club, especially those established by Jack Welch, looked their noses down on the "the trailer trash Clintons"'; did not want to associate with geeks like Gore.

It used to be, the free and independent media, the press, is our protection for democracy. With an independent press corps we have people who represent us against the elected officials. Now, we have a problem. Our media corps, perhaps due to their personal desire to be a part of the plutocracy, part of the fraternity of the rich and powerful, no longer protect democracy.

Exposing the tools. Exposing the salaries. Exposing the connections and influences. Exposing the corporations who own the media and their monetary influence in the policies which get implemented. These are just some of the things we need to do more of in order to build the irrefutable case with the viewing public that the mainstream media is simply not trustworthy. Those bringing them the "news" have a very deep interest in keeping things just the way they are. And that desire almost necessarily means they are not and never will get the truth from these media outlets and the bobble heads who report for them.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: bctbct
You must be kidding, for roughly 6 years Bush got a free pass from the media.

The media went beyond giving Bush a free pass and became active participants in spreading his lies, convincing many Americans that Bush's war was necessary.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: bozack
Originally posted by: Vic
Like this? :)

You know, I have to give these guys credit.....

If the Rush and the like keeps pushing the party more to the right and away from center, and if Obama is as big of a disaster as I think/hope he will be and socializes everything then hopefully we will get to the point where many consider a viable third party.

I doubt it. The parties have done quite a good job keeping their followers at each others throats. Just pick a thread here at random If you don't believe me. As long as you hate the other club you will continue to vote for your own even if you despise the candidate in order to "not help the other club".

I personally know relatively few people who are voting FOR a particular candidate. Most are voting AGAINST the other guy (I haven't actually counted but pretty evenly split). There are probably enough of those people in this country right now to make a 3rd party centrist candidate fairly viable but you don't think the two big clubs are going to allow that now do you?

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005

Didn't you intend to say, "so-called facts?"

Why is it that you assume that what you read on right-wing web sites is factual? Have you considered the possibility that the reason you do NOT read about these so-called facts in the MSM is that these incidents are fabrications and there's nothing to report?

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: shira

Didn't you intend to say, "so-called facts?"

Why is it that you assume that what you read on right-wing web sites is factual? Have you considered the possibility that the reason you do NOT read about these so-called facts in the MSM is that these incidents are fabrications and there's nothing to report?

In other words, you would like everyone to believe there is nothing to report.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
No matter how the right tries to put pig shit on the lips of Obama, everybody can see with their own eyes what lying fucks they are. Only the most dim witted of people see with their ears by listening to sliming scum.

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
No matter how the right tries to put pig shit on the lips of Obama, everybody can see with their own eyes what lying fucks they are. Only the most dim witted of people see with their ears by listening to sliming scum.

You actually posted something coherent, though it was totally devoid of concrete examples. Still, props to improvement!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Duwelon
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

You actually posted something coherent, though it was totally devoid of concrete examples. Still, props to improvement!

The example is the OP of this thread which, I would have thought, would be obvious I was replying to, as well as he added data supplied here by others.