Media's Presidential Bias and Decline

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
When are you going to get a clue PJ, the American people don't care, they are thrilled that Obama has a wide circle of acquaintances, has read a wide variety of books, and can relate to the thinking of friends and enemies alike while preaching a message of hope not hate.

What you imply is that our next President must be ideologically monochromatic, be untainted by any but extreme right wing ideas, sadly down that road lies an idiot like GWGB who has done more damage to this country, its economy, and its military than anyone on the planet. You right wing fundies have been pushing the hate button for years now, but given the disaster the GOP has wrought, that button no longer works.

This whole the media is biased stuff is merely a GOP attempt to not see that the current failures are the result of GWB&co and his disastrous policies. And you now demonize the messenger while denying the clear message.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Pointless and stupid??? Obama is down playing their relationship, wouldn't showing that they worked in the same building raise questions about how honest Obama is being?

This is what you always do, innuendo instead of facts. It's always about 'raising questions' because you guys don't have the balls, or the evidence to actually make an accusation. You're hoping if you throw enough mud, something will stick through a connection that someone makes in their mind.

If you think their relationship was closer than Obama admits to due to their proximity in a building, go get some evidence that says that. How about some testimony from people who worked in the building? How about some documents or some evidence for a collaborative effort? How about some correspondence between the two? A memo? A shared water cooler cup?

Any newspaper that printed "OBAMA AND AYERS WORKED IN THE SAME BUILDING OMIGOD" would get laughed out of town. We had a guy on my ship who I saw all of about 5 times get busted for rape. If I ever ran for office would a legitimate headline be "ESKIMOSPY SAILS AROUND THE WORLD WITH A RAPIST" because it would 'raise questions' about my relationship with him? No, of course not.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

And how many New York Times articles have been written about Obama and Ayers?

The only Ayers you should be worried about is is spelled airs, the plural of air, referring to the hot gaseous stuff you spew all over the forum. :thumbsdown:

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
ProfJohn

Your constant harping about Ayers is does nothing but diminish any stature you may have had. Just like it does McCain.

The media looked, and reported what they found.

The Republicans looked with a microscope and found nothing more.

Now you're stuck with what you had hoped was a dynamite damnation of Obama that fizzled out. Now you demand that everyone keep looking so that maybe you will be redeemed. You insinuate that there is more, more, to encourage more looking, or to imply that the examination was superficial rather than fruitless.

Time to put up or shut up.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
I read this piece and thought it was written by a whiny little bitch with hemorrhoids.

Sure, things were much better when Benjamin Franklin was setting type by hand and wrote Poor Richard's Almanack and delivered all the papers himself. And during WWII and the 1950's there was little dissent. We were all homogenous drones lapping up the archaic and collective wisdom of guys who would have been delivering clever copy about the newest Olivetti, Sam's Shephard's guilt, or Dewey's win.

Call me cynical, but the high pitch whine of this right winger is out of tune. And if he thinks he's the librettist for the comic opera that has become the Republican Party, he will have to stand in line with a thousand other right wing thug pretenders to the throne who have staked a claim on the very same thesis: Obama is only winning because the mainstream media are in love with him. It's the largest recorded group masturbation in journalistic history....

And this thesis stands on what facts? He throws out the usual suspects and it never dawns on him that he has done exactly what he complains about. He's the bitch of the right wing and, yet, thinks he's forked lightning.

Sheezh....He has one thing right. Journalists think way too highly of themselves. His opinion is trite, stale 'news', and his style is awful. Did I really need to hear about his grandmother?

Anyone who thinks this is suitable writing shouldn't read Peggy Noonan, Christopher Hitchens, or Maureen Dowd. They can write. This guy is a third rate wannabe.

-Robert

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Pointless and stupid??? Obama is down playing their relationship, wouldn't showing that they worked in the same building raise questions about how honest Obama is being?

Do YOU have a close relationship with everyone who's ever worked in the same building as you?

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: fleshconsumed
Maybe, just maybe it's because media reflects what most people want?
You really believe that??

Explain 2004 then.
Media:
50% Democrat
22% Republican

Actual result 51% Republican 48% Democrat.

Well, since the media has more leftist stations those numbers make sense. I wonder if they asked them if talk radio counted as media..

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: bozack
Originally posted by: Infohawk
Be careful what you wish for. A lot of people wanted the same thing to happen to Bush in 2000 and they got exactly what they wanted.

Meh...I am a bitter spiteful person which is why I would love it if Obama is a failure of the greatist magnitude should he get into office, I don't have much of a problem with the last 8 years, and am sure I can weather another four.

If you dont have a problem with the last 8 years you are either a haliburton stockholder or a total dumbass... Which are you?

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Infohawk
Be careful what you wish for. A lot of people wanted the same thing to happen to Bush in 2000 and they got exactly what they wanted.

Meh...I am a bitter spiteful person which is why I would love it if Obama is a failure of the greatist magnitude should he get into office, I don't have much of a problem with the last 8 years, and am sure I can weather another four.

And that is why you need to be put on a boat and sent out to sea.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: retrospooty
If you dont have a problem with the last 8 years you are either a haliburton stockholder or a total dumbass... Which are you?

Meaning I have not been hurt financially...I have gotten good jobs with pay increases.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2

Nice, shit like this makes me feel better about hoping Obama is a failure should he get elected...

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Nice, shit like this makes me feel better about hoping Obama is a failure should he get elected...

Someone making you mad on a message board has you feeling better about wishing for bad things to happen to your country?

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: retrospooty

Meaning I have not been hurt financially...I have gotten good jobs with pay increases.

Well thats great, but totally aside from your personal finances, if you dont see a problem in this country for the past 8 years and what your pres has done, then you are blind...

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: eskimospy

Someone making you mad on a message board has you feeling better about wishing for bad things to happen to your country?

All the more reason to get that boat ready... =)

I am a white male American living in a red state and let me be the first to tell you Bozack ... You are WAY to white. Get some perspective and think about the good of the country instead of just your own little world.